Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Junior Ladies - Short Program

Banned
    but there is no need on hating on Julia she is still young and has room for improvements
    no need to put her down, Julia is an amazing talent

Custom Title
    I don't like her skating, and have stated why. No hating from me. Just as others have stated their dislike for Gracie's skating, I have stated mine for Julia.

The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things, difference of opinion is healthy, especially when doled out in good measure, just like medicine.

And on that note here's hoping Adelina kicks Julia's booty big time in the LP!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    p.s. does anyone know how Gracie managed to get Team C funding this year when she didn't even make Nationals nor competed internationally last year?
    Gracie was put on the Reserve team when she was assigned to a JGP event in fall 2011. When she won that event, she was placed into Team C and receives funding for the rest of the season. I believe that's how it works--it's clearly stated somewhere on the USFSA website, maybe the Team Envelope criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Her program is really no emptier than the skater that placed ahead of her.
    Lipnitskaya has more transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I don't like her skating, and have stated why. No hating from me. Just as others have stated their dislike for Gracie's skating, I have stated mine for Julia.

The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things, difference of opinion is healthy, especially when doled out in good measure, just like medicine.

And on that note here's hoping Adelina kicks Julia's booty big time in the LP!!!!
    She did not.

On the Ice
    "Julia is definitely no Sasha Cohen,"

No she isn't. She is better almost in every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    even in Garcie's interview she said practicing a 3A in harness is still scary and she doesn't really practice it often.
    Of course she wasn't practicing it that often - she was preparing for JGP, then Mids, then Nationals, then JWs and it's not in her program. I am guessing when she's back from JWs, she's working on it diligently. The ones I've seen don't LOOK scary...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Lipnitskaya has more transitions.
    Stick leg up there, tada, transition.

She did not.

Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    "Julia is definitely no Sasha Cohen,"

No she isn't. She is better almost in every aspect.

I beg to differ, Sasha was & is better than her by far in everything.

Stick leg up there, tada, transition.

Whether it is stick leg up or not, it is a transition and you know it is. Better than none at all which is pretty much what Gracie has. Sticking your leg up before and/or after a jump is actually kind of difficult if you didn't know. It is probably one of the difficult ones. In the sp, after her first 2A, Julia stands one foot for like two or three seconds which is not that easy after a jump element.

Custom Title
    Whether it is stick leg up or not, it is a transition and you know it is. Better than none at all which is pretty much what Gracie has. Sticking your leg up before and/or after a jump is actually kind of difficult if you didn't know. It is probably one of the difficult ones. In the sp, after her first 2A, Julia stands one foot for like two or three seconds which is not that easy after a jump element.
    ITA

Especially in jumps and consistency, yeah

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12