Junior Ladies - Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Junior Ladies - Short Program

LeCygne

Final Flight
Well Jr. Worlds is in Minsk, Belarus after all. ;)

No biggie, the cream always rises to the top, it will sort itself out after all is said & done. Gracie just has to be better than the rest, not just as good as, but better WAY BETTER (now's her time to shine). It kinda reminds me of Zhenya at the 2010 Olympics in terms of location, it wasn't on his side, bad luck of the draw. :( Here's hoping Gracie has better luck in the FS! :thumbsup:

Btw, I noticed in that conference link one of the reporters asked them all about the 3Axel jump. Gracie said it was still a new & scary jump for her, and she had only tried it out in a harness, but "yes" she has worked on it.

Well if that's case, the 2014 Olympics are in Sochi. Adelina, Julia, and Liza (or whoever makes it) will definitely have a big home field advantage. Especially with a country like Russia. *sigh*

Also about Gracie's 3A, I think it's better than she's letting on. There is a video of her 3A on the harness, and everyone was saying how she barely even needed the harness. Plus her 2A is huge, a lot bigger than Julia's or Adelina's. I'm sure Gracie has been busy preparing for Nationals and now Junior Worlds and hasn't had much time to train new jumps. Next season her goal will probably be PCS, but I wouldn't be shocked if she does come up with a 3A one day. :)

Irishflip

On the Ice
I really think Julia was over scored on pcs and her triple-triple(which didn't get an awful amount of height or flow) i mean she got a 7.50 from one and 7.00 from two more for choreography when its really repetitive and doesnt change the mood in the slightest and also she got a higher transitions score then Sotnikova which is ridiculous and in my opinion Sotnikova was underscored pcs wise.:confused2: well thats my rant for the day

Mao88

Record Breaker
I really think Julia was over scored on pcs and her triple-triple(which didn't get an awful amount of height or flow) i mean she got a 7.50 from one and 7.00 from two more for choreography when its really repetitive and doesnt change the mood in the slightest and also she got a higher transitions score then Sotnikova which is ridiculous and in my opinion Sotnikova was underscored pcs wise.:confused2: well thats my rant for the day

Her program is really no emptier than the skater that placed ahead of her.

Julia's performance was quite simply superb. It was in a different and much higher league to all of the others. Both Gracie and Adelina skated wonderfully as well, although neither was at their best.

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Her program is really no emptier than the skater that placed ahead of her.

Actually Julia has more transitions than Gracie. She mostly does splits between the elements, which maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it is difficult, while Gracie's program is full of crossovers. I especially liked Julia's entrance and landing on the 2A.

I think Adelina would have recieved higher PCS than Julia if she skated her best, but she didn't. And Julia's every element was clean and effortless, she really deserved the highest TES and PCS for her SP. Adelina's program has more complex choreography, but Julia's perfomance was superb

Nadine

Record Breaker
Julia is definitely no Sasha Cohen, just a wannabe imho. I agree with those that have stated she's a "gumby" on ice. No feeling for the music, just flip that leg up there as high as she can and call it a transition. :rolleye: No stretch, no tension, no pointed toes, no artistry. Not my cup of tea. :disagree:

I wish Adelina would have kicked her booty and put her in her place. And maybe she will, there's still the LP to go. :biggrin:

As for Gracie Gold, she reminds me of Michelle Kwan & Tara Lipinski, with a touch of Tonya Harding's jumps thrown in for good measure.

And on that note, here's hoping Gracie transforms into an artist the same way Michelle did the summer of 1995. :cool:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
but there is no need on hating on Julia she is still young and has room for improvements
no need to put her down, Julia is an amazing talent

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't like her skating, and have stated why. No hating from me. Just as others have stated their dislike for Gracie's skating, I have stated mine for Julia. :)

The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things, difference of opinion is healthy, especially when doled out in good measure, just like medicine. :biggrin:

And on that note here's hoping Adelina kicks Julia's booty big time in the LP!!!! :party2: :rock: :laugh:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
p.s. does anyone know how Gracie managed to get Team C funding this year when she didn't even make Nationals nor competed internationally last year?

Gracie was put on the Reserve team when she was assigned to a JGP event in fall 2011. When she won that event, she was placed into Team C and receives funding for the rest of the season. I believe that's how it works--it's clearly stated somewhere on the USFSA website, maybe the Team Envelope criteria.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I don't like her skating, and have stated why. No hating from me. Just as others have stated their dislike for Gracie's skating, I have stated mine for Julia. :)

The world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things, difference of opinion is healthy, especially when doled out in good measure, just like medicine. :biggrin:

And on that note here's hoping Adelina kicks Julia's booty big time in the LP!!!! :party2: :rock: :laugh:

She did not.

mskater93

Record Breaker
even in Garcie's interview she said practicing a 3A in harness is still scary and she doesn't really practice it often.
Of course she wasn't practicing it that often - she was preparing for JGP, then Mids, then Nationals, then JWs and it's not in her program. I am guessing when she's back from JWs, she's working on it diligently. The ones I've seen don't LOOK scary...

DianaSelene

Medalist
:biggrin: Stick leg up there, tada, transition. :laugh:

:rolleye:

:disagree: I beg to differ, Sasha was & is better than her by far in everything. :cool:

Whether it is stick leg up or not, it is a transition and you know it is. Better than none at all which is pretty much what Gracie has. Sticking your leg up before and/or after a jump is actually kind of difficult if you didn't know. It is probably one of the difficult ones. In the sp, after her first 2A, Julia stands one foot for like two or three seconds which is not that easy after a jump element.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Whether it is stick leg up or not, it is a transition and you know it is. Better than none at all which is pretty much what Gracie has. Sticking your leg up before and/or after a jump is actually kind of difficult if you didn't know. It is probably one of the difficult ones. In the sp, after her first 2A, Julia stands one foot for like two or three seconds which is not that easy after a jump element.

ITA

:disagree: I beg to differ, Sasha was & is better than her by far in everything. :cool:

Especially in jumps and consistency, yeah :rolleye: