Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Julia did indeed fiutz. And I too don't get it, if they call Gao's a flutz, Julia's is just as flutzy.

Banned
    she does flutz sometimes but its not that visible because she has a good technique on her lutz
    than compared to say Adelina's flutz

Custom Title
    Well Jr. Worlds is in Minsk, Belarus after all.

No biggie, the cream always rises to the top, it will sort itself out after all is said & done. Gracie just has to be better than the rest, not just as good as, but better WAY BETTER (now's her time to shine). It kinda reminds me of Zhenya at the 2010 Olympics in terms of location, it wasn't on his side, bad luck of the draw. :( Here's hoping Gracie has better luck in the FS!

Btw, I noticed in that conference link one of the reporters asked them all about the 3Axel jump. Gracie said it was still a new & scary jump for her, and she had only tried it out in a harness, but "yes" she has worked on it in practice, whereas Adelina said she only tried it after last years Jr. Worlds and it didn't go so good. Julia said nothing or else the translator didn't translate. :D So what does this tell me? It tells me another one of my all-time faves, Mao Asada, has nothing to worry about. She's still the only woman in the world that can do the 3A in competition when she's on, which is about 70% of the time. But that said, the only other woman I think can challenge her out-of-the-blue when it comes to the 3A is Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. We shall see...

Back to Jr. Worlds, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    But that said, the only other woman I think can challenge her out-of-the-blue when it comes to the 3A is Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. We shall see...
    one of the reasons Mishin pulled Elizaveta out was to prepare her for the net season including working on her 3A
    and Tukt is now busy practicing her 3A so she can use it in the competition

Custom Title
    I know, and if anbody and I do mean *anybody* in the world wants to learn how to do a correct 3A, Mishin's the man.

That said, as has been said ad infinitum in the past, practice is practice is practice, it's a whole other ballgame to birng it out during competition with the music, the program, the timing, the transitions, the spins, the other jumps, the moves, et al.

It's not as easy as it may look, that's why there's only one woman in the world today & yesterday & yesterday before that that has ever done the 3A in competition this century, and that's Mao. And only Mao.

BRING IT ON!!!!

Banned
    that is true, landing it in the competition is a different ballgame
    even in Garcie's interview she said practicing a 3A in harness is still scary and she doesn't really practice it often.

Custom Title
    Btw, I noticed in that conference link one of the reporters asked them all about the 3Axel jump. Gracie said it was still a new & scary jump for her, and she had only tried it out in a harness, but "yes" she has worked on it in practice, whereas Adelina said she only tried it after last years Jr. Worlds and it didn't go so good. Julia said nothing or else the translator didn't translate. :D
    Adelina said she landed 3A in practices, it was underrotated, but landed. Julia said she has never tried one and if she's ever gonna try something like that it would be 4T more likely than 3A.

Well done by top 3! I really enjoyed Julia, she is so polished, confident and has tons of "it". A clear winner of the SP! Everything was clean and effortless.
    Adelina's program is full of transitions and difficult entrances to the elements, she just didn't perform it the way she did at Nationals, but I'm okay with her scores, if she skates LP better she will get higher PCS I think.
    Gracie is strong technically, has good basics and speed, but she needs better package. It was the worst version of the Nutcracker I've ever heard, her program is rather empty and I didn't like her posture. She can do very well in seniors because the basics are there, but her presentation needs work

Banned
    had Adelina not mess up her spins and better footwork ( looked labored ) no doubt Adelina's score would have hit close to 60 and above Garcie's
    a better video of Adelina's SP

she messed up 3 spinning positions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTU3...C_DAsNj_patI7q

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Gracie is strong technically, has good basics and speed, but she needs better package. It was the worst version of the Nutcracker I've ever heard, her program is rather empty and I didn't like her posture. She can do very well in seniors because the basics are there, but her presentation needs work
    Her program is really no emptier than the skater that placed ahead of her.

Custom Title
    Wow, what a performance by Isadora Williams, an American who skates for Brazil. After finishing 41st in last year's Junior Worlds, and barely making it out of this year's qualifying round, she's in 14th place! The long program should be interesting for her; she's one of the few girls who gets an edge call on her flip but not on her lutz.

Well Jr. Worlds is in Minsk, Belarus after all.

No biggie, the cream always rises to the top, it will sort itself out after all is said & done. Gracie just has to be better than the rest, not just as good as, but better WAY BETTER (now's her time to shine). It kinda reminds me of Zhenya at the 2010 Olympics in terms of location, it wasn't on his side, bad luck of the draw. :( Here's hoping Gracie has better luck in the FS!

Btw, I noticed in that conference link one of the reporters asked them all about the 3Axel jump. Gracie said it was still a new & scary jump for her, and she had only tried it out in a harness, but "yes" she has worked on it.
    Well if that's case, the 2014 Olympics are in Sochi. Adelina, Julia, and Liza (or whoever makes it) will definitely have a big home field advantage. Especially with a country like Russia. *sigh*

Also about Gracie's 3A, I think it's better than she's letting on. There is a video of her 3A on the harness, and everyone was saying how she barely even needed the harness. Plus her 2A is huge, a lot bigger than Julia's or Adelina's. I'm sure Gracie has been busy preparing for Nationals and now Junior Worlds and hasn't had much time to train new jumps. Next season her goal will probably be PCS, but I wouldn't be shocked if she does come up with a 3A one day.

Custom Title
    I really think Julia was over scored on pcs and her triple-triple(which didn't get an awful amount of height or flow) i mean she got a 7.50 from one and 7.00 from two more for choreography when its really repetitive and doesnt change the mood in the slightest and also she got a higher transitions score then Sotnikova which is ridiculous and in my opinion Sotnikova was underscored pcs wise. well thats my rant for the day

Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    I really think Julia was over scored on pcs and her triple-triple(which didn't get an awful amount of height or flow) i mean she got a 7.50 from one and 7.00 from two more for choreography when its really repetitive and doesnt change the mood in the slightest and also she got a higher transitions score then Sotnikova which is ridiculous and in my opinion Sotnikova was underscored pcs wise. well thats my rant for the day
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Julia's performance was quite simply superb. It was in a different and much higher league to all of the others. Both Gracie and Adelina skated wonderfully as well, although neither was at their best.
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Actually Julia has more transitions than Gracie. She mostly does splits between the elements, which maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it is difficult, while Gracie's program is full of crossovers. I especially liked Julia's entrance and landing on the 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    I think Adelina would have recieved higher PCS than Julia if she skated her best, but she didn't. And Julia's every element was clean and effortless, she really deserved the highest TES and PCS for her SP. Adelina's program has more complex choreography, but Julia's perfomance was superb

Custom Title
    Julia is definitely no Sasha Cohen, just a wannabe imho. I agree with those that have stated she's a "gumby" on ice. No feeling for the music, just flip that leg up there as high as she can and call it a transition. No stretch, no tension, no pointed toes, no artistry. Not my cup of tea.

I wish Adelina would have kicked her booty and put her in her place. And maybe she will, there's still the LP to go.

As for Gracie Gold, she reminds me of Michelle Kwan & Tara Lipinski, with a touch of Tonya Harding's jumps thrown in for good measure.

And on that note, here's hoping Gracie transforms into an artist the same way Michelle did the summer of 1995.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast