Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: junior ice dance - Free Dance

Custom Title
    Thank you Mao88. I've been desperate to see these videos.

Custom Title
    In the first video, it seems the French commentators are saying (but I'm not fluent in the language) that Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Papadakis/Cizeron suffered a collision before the free dance.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    And more thanks from me.. especially since CBC was too curmudgeonly to show P/C..
    I completely take back my former lukewarm feelings for Stepanova & Bukin. I really liked them here ( though still not their material )

And if I can further jump on Kustarova ...the boot strap was not the only costume malfunction for Y/M . It always annoys me when I have to watch a female skater with a costume that rides up so badly at the crotch. There's simply no excuse for it. So many teams manage to avoid the problem, it can only be put down to carelessness at best...and I don't want to think about what the reason could be at worst. Can these young women be afforded a little dignity , please ? This is the coaches' responsibility. Shame on you , team Kustarova . I like this young team and hope not to see this repeated.

Overall , a good showing for my three teams to watch A/E , P/C and O/W , particularly for A/E
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 03-03-2012 at 06:41 PM.

cassiem..CBC had the warm-up for a bit..and it didn't really look like much...P/C managed to split and get out of the way.

I just finished watching the cbc broadcast. I especially like Aldridge/Eaton nd Y/M. I actually preferred Y/M to the other two Russian teams who finished higher.

Custom Title
    Yanovskaia isn't the first Russian lady to sport an egregious wedgie. Many Russian ice dancers and pair skaters skate perform with most of their butts hanging out. Russian hosiery companies must make their tights to fit that way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    cassiem..CBC had the warm-up for a bit..and it didn't really look like much...P/C managed to split and get out of the way.
    Thanks for clarifying!

chuckm..yeah , I'm well aware of the Russian wedgie problem , but this was one of the most egregious examples . I'm trying to find a reasonably polite way of putting this ( maybe there isn't a way ) , but in the slow-mo replay of one of their lifts , as the skaters moved into a front view or full crotch shot position ..that part of her costume had all but disappeared. Not a thing any mother would want to see happen to her 15 yr. old daughter.

ETA : Surely this should be a costume deduction ?
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 03-04-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, there is the gynecological lift penalty--if you can see that part of the costume disappearing, I would think the lift would qualify.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    chuckm..yeah , I'm well aware of the Russian wedgie problem , but this was one of the most egregious examples . I'm trying to find a reasonably polite way of putting this ( maybe there isn't a way ) , but in the slow-mo replay of one of their lifts , as the skaters moved into a front view or full crotch shot position ..that part of her costume had all but disappeared. Not a thing any mother would want to see happen to her 15 yr. old daughter.

ETA : Surely this should be a costume deduction ?
    Yikes, you are right! It's fully apparent that the lady has not had a Brazilian wax.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4