junior ice dance - Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

junior ice dance - Free Dance

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This is going to get ugly
Kustarova is complaining already of what happened and Y/M deserved the bronze medal.

looks like it might have been the boot cd problem
sorry just translated via google,

from Kustarova
"It's a shame that there was a story with straps - admitted Kustarova correspondent of the" F-Sport. "- The guys skated well, go for a medal, but the judges scores for the strap was removed because it is a violation of the rules. But it is a sport in which anything can happen . Well, it's now happened to them. When the fight is to be conducted in the first place, rather than the third, they will be careful. Yes, and we will check the suits - pants, hooks and all the other details. "

whole article: http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120303/582391119.html

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The ISU article on the competition says that Y&M's music was stopped because he had a broken boot strap.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

yeah it was, and I don't see how she has to complain Yanovskaia(15) and Mozgov(16) are still very young , they have have many more seasons left to compete as juniors, and I'm sure they'll be comfortably on the podium at junior worlds in the coming seasons.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
:yes: Thank you Mao88. I've been desperate to see these videos. :yay:

cassiem

On the Ice
In the first video, it seems the French commentators are saying (but I'm not fluent in the language) that Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Papadakis/Cizeron suffered a collision before the free dance.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
And more thanks from me..:biggrin: especially since CBC was too curmudgeonly to show P/C..:scowl:
I completely take back my former lukewarm feelings for Stepanova & Bukin. I really liked them here ( though still not their material )

And if I can further jump on Kustarova ...the boot strap was not the only costume malfunction for Y/M .:scowl: It always annoys me when I have to watch a female skater with a costume that rides up so badly at the crotch. There's simply no excuse for it. So many teams manage to avoid the problem, it can only be put down to carelessness at best...and I don't want to think about what the reason could be at worst. Can these young women be afforded a little dignity , please ? This is the coaches' responsibility. Shame on you , team Kustarova . I like this young team and hope not to see this repeated.

Overall , a good showing for my three teams to watch A/E , P/C and O/W , particularly for A/E :)

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
cassiem..CBC had the warm-up for a bit..and it didn't really look like much...P/C managed to split and get out of the way.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just finished watching the cbc broadcast. I especially like Aldridge/Eaton nd Y/M. I actually preferred Y/M to the other two Russian teams who finished higher.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yanovskaia isn't the first Russian lady to sport an egregious wedgie. Many Russian ice dancers and pair skaters skate perform with most of their butts hanging out. Russian hosiery companies must make their tights to fit that way.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
chuckm..yeah , I'm well aware of the Russian wedgie problem , but this was one of the most egregious examples . I'm trying to find a reasonably polite way of putting this ( maybe there isn't a way ) , but in the slow-mo replay of one of their lifts , as the skaters moved into a front view or full crotch shot position :eek:..that part of her costume had all but disappeared.:disapp: Not a thing any mother would want to see happen to her 15 yr. old daughter.

ETA : Surely this should be a costume deduction ?

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, there is the gynecological lift penalty--if you can see that part of the costume disappearing, I would think the lift would qualify.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
chuckm..yeah , I'm well aware of the Russian wedgie problem , but this was one of the most egregious examples . I'm trying to find a reasonably polite way of putting this ( maybe there isn't a way ) , but in the slow-mo replay of one of their lifts , as the skaters moved into a front view or full crotch shot position :eek:..that part of her costume had all but disappeared.:disapp: Not a thing any mother would want to see happen to her 15 yr. old daughter.

ETA : Surely this should be a costume deduction ?

Yikes, you are right! It's fully apparent that the lady has not had a Brazilian wax.....