Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: junior ice dance - Free Dance

Custom Title
    congratulations to all medalist. good job

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    off the podium by less than a point.
    will they complain ? it was not their fault

it was the stupid musics fault or blame the person in charge of the sound system. they got distracted because of it.
    they lost because of a sound system screw up.
    I would definitely complain if I were them.

Banned
    at the K&C , Mozgov knew and had the look on his face that they lost because of the sound system malfuntion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I would definitely complain if I were them.
    I would too. but that's going to cause scandal and politics will be brought in

Here are the protocols

I feel bad for Aldridge and Eaton because I get the sense already that Junior Worlds bronze will have an * cause of the sound system fiasco. That said, it seem they did the best they could (looks like they had the highest BV for their FD along with Sinitsina/Zhiganshin) so they still have plenty to be proud of regardless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I feel bad for Aldridge and Eaton because I get the sense already that Junior Worlds bronze will have an * cause of the sound system fiasco. That said, it seem they did the best they could (looks like they had the highest BV for their FD along with Sinitsina/Zhiganshin) so they still have plenty to be proud of regardless.
    maybe they can do a special skate off of A/E and Y/M for tommorow , lol

Custom Title
    How do you know the sound system was to blame? It is possible that the CD was defective.

If there were several instances of the music stopping during the competition the sound system is likely at fault. But when it's just one team's music, the more likely cause is a defective CD. Skaters are usually asked to supply at least two copies of their music in case of such a failure.
    Last edited by chuckm; 03-02-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Actually, skaters supply 1 copy of their music when they check in and bring the second copy rink side just in case, but otherwise you are likely right on in that the fault lies with the CD unless there were a bunch of music issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    How do you know the sound system was to blame? It is possible that the CD was defective.

If there were several instances of the music stopping during the competition the sound system is likely at fault. But when it's just one team's music, the more likely cause is a defective CD. Skaters are usually asked to supply at least two copies of their music in case of such a failure.
    Good point, but regardless, I don't think that will stop folks from noting that A/E would have been OTP if it wasn't for the mistake. But I guess that's competition, yes.

But in the end, A/E has been impressive this year. JGPF berth, Junior national champions and now junior world bronze medalists. It will be interesting how they compare in seniors next year. I think they will make the transition much better than Lichman and Copley did.

Banned

Custom Title
    I read on another board that the reason the music stopped is that Mozgov's boot strap came loose and it had to be fixed---the sound system had NOTHING to do with it. Perhaps if he had taken the time to make sure his equipment was secure, the interruption wouldn't have happened. OR if Y/M were more seasoned performers, the interruption wouldn't have affected the way they skated the rest of their program.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I saw that too. And since no deduction was taken for the interruption, it actually gave them a chance to breathe. But they are so young. It takes a team like Rodnina Zaitsev to overcome this sort of stuff.

Congratulations to all the medallists, and especially to Aldridge & Eaton who have had a wonderful year, and have come such a long way since last year.

Custom Title
    Wow, excellent levels for Orford/Williams, and a great finish for them. :D

I was just wondering if anyone could fill me in on what happened to Poulin/Servant? From their protocall, it looked like they fell on the first lift and the twizzles. Ouch. It's a shame, too, because their FD is actually a really good one this season.

Custom Title
    I would be genuinely surprised if S/Z became the superstars Mao88 thinks. Kustorva was stunt their growth and her lack of political acumen will do them in. But as long as we're overhyping juniors the minute they step out on the ice....

Good for A/E. Asterix or not, it looks like they earned the medal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast