Tornado Outbreak in Mid West - PLEASE STAY SAFE AND CHECK IN! | Golden Skate

Tornado Outbreak in Mid West - PLEASE STAY SAFE AND CHECK IN!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Concerned for all our members in the path of the tornado outbreaks. Please check in as soon as it's safe and let us know you are well! Prayers going out to everyone in harms way.

Ditto from me!

Apparently a few of the south central states are in special danger. Stay safe, everyone.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I lived for 40 years back there. Saw a few tornados....I had a house in the country for 10 years that was on a slight rise of land in Central Illinois and the civil defense folk would come out during tornado watches to watch the vast expanses of bare land to the west. Seems like every place has its hazzards. For us in rural Spokane, its wildfire..I have pics of my wife watching the fire go by our land and firebombers over our house....some folks have earth quakes, some Hurricanes or tsunamis. But as much as I feel for those folk back there in tornado alley,(especially for the little girl that lost her family) I try and put things into perspective....hospital errors kill 200 Jumbo jet crashes worth of people every year...four crashes a week....in 18 month in Michigan, ICUs using a checklist for handling catheters saved 1,500 lives... (AARP Bulletin, March 2012) You are safer in a tornado than you are in a hospital....
Chris who had a NOAA weather alert reciever and a tornado shelter.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's a warm winter in the Gulf of Mexico, and sad to say, I'm afraid it will be a nasty hurricane year down there this summer.

But the only tornado I was ever in was in Vermont, of all places.

I lived for 40 years back there. Saw a few tornados....I had a house in the country for 10 years that was on a slight rise of land in Central Illinois and the civil defense folk would come out during tornado watches to watch the vast expanses of bare land to the west. Seems like every place has its hazzards. For us in rural Spokane, its wildfire..I have pics of my wife watching the fire go by our land and firebombers over our house....some folks have earth quakes, some Hurricanes or tsunamis. But as much as I feel for those folk back there in tornado alley,(especially for the little girl that lost her family) I try and put things into perspective....hospital errors kill 200 Jumbo jet crashes worth of people every year...four crashes a week....in 18 month in Michigan, ICUs using a checklist for handling catheters saved 1,500 lives... (AARP Bulletin, March 2012) You are safer in a tornado than you are in a hospital....
Chris who had a NOAA weather alert reciever and a tornado shelter.

Chris, you make a wonderful point. The checklist for handling catheters is one of the simple basic procedures that hospitals are starting to look at. Somewhere in Britain, they instituted procedures involving madatory hand-washing and cut way down on bacterial infections. (I can't remember whether it was specifically strep or staph, but I'm sure the incidence of both was affected.) Medical workers got really sloppy for awhile, because there was always an antibiotic to fix things. But now that there are many drug-resistant bacteria, people are realizing that cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness....a great step forward.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
We have occasional ones in WA state but they are very rare. Now wildfires, earthquakes, volcanic explosions and tsunamis....that is another thing.
Chris who used to maintain the NOAA weather radio warning system for seven counties in Eastern WA