Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia: One of the rising queens of Skating!

Banned
    Chrisitina Gao 4th(last Jr.), 7th(this Jr.)
    Adelina SOTNIKOVA 1st(last Jr.), 3rd(this Jr.)
    Risa 5th(last Jr.), 20th(this Jr.)

Just a reminder of puberty monster.

To counter that, Zijun Li was 9th last year and 5th this year.

Banned
    ^
    and Polina Shelepen from 7th to 6th this year
    but she did go to a growth spurt in 2010

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    To counter that, Zijun Li was 9th last year and 5th this year.
    Of course it's not a rule. Some female skaters get better with age. Li is still a kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Of course it's not a rule. Some female skaters get better with age. Li is still a kid though.
    Most of them are. This is called junior world championships.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Most of them are. This is called junior world championships.
    nice one.

Custom Title
    I think she's a lovely skater. What I love even more is that you can tell she is really driven and WANTS to win.

Regardless of what happens with the puberty monster, this season has been a terrific achievement. To win everything by such margin and not to make a single mistake....wow.

Here's a podium pic of Gracie, Julia and Adelina. Julia is not that much shorter than Adelina:

http://twitpic.com/8rlkum

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    She is a great 13yo athlete. All the top young Russian ladies are. Sasha's beauty and artistry are still unmatched. I highly doubt that Julia will rise to meet this challenge and I have no idea where anyone sees a similarity to Cohen from what I have seen.
    When I first saw Sasha skate, she was 15. Julia is just 13. Neither had well developed artistry at a young age, but they both had great flexibility and tons of potential. I am guessing that you are comparing an older Sasha with this 13 year old amazing skater. She may or may not retain her jumps after she grows up, but right now she has all the tools, including jumps, spins, flexibility, mental toughness, to be a force. At age 15, Sasha was nothing more than a cute, flexible skater with a lot of potential. That's what Julia is right now, and she has more jumps than Sasha did back then. She is also beautiful watch, if you watch her objectively. She seems to have more confidence and she has been incredibly consistent this year. She has made just one minor error on a jump, the entire season. I am not going to make any predictions based on one season for Julia, but I really hope she can retain her jumps. I am sure she will develop artistically as she matures, and she has already shown very good artistry for her young age. She seems to have the mental toughness to deliver under pressure. Oh, and she did remind me of Sasha when I saw her skate a couple of times during the JGP, but now I have to say she has stronger nerves. You highly doubt that she will match Sasha's artistry? She is only 13. I see no reason why she cannot, by the time she is 18.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Julia actually has musicality, she just needs to not rush her transitions on her elements
    with good choreography she is capable of more artistry
    All young skaters rush their moves, so it's not surprising. Oksana Baiul and Michelle Kwan were the only young skaters that did not do that, but I am talking of them at age 15. Julia is just 13, so it's totally understandable.

Custom Title
    She has great potential but she is too young to say she will survive the puberty monster, the amazing competition in Russia. She still skates like a young girl and I am not even sure age wise if she can qualify for Sochi that being said if she is being marked fairly then her scores could put her on the seniors podium right now if she could enter. It will be interesting to see if she can fully develop or will she lose her jump consistency. Still she is flexible and has that sasha cohen look - will it stay? Will she get more power and flow? Time will tell.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    She is eligible for Sochi yes.
    And she had a fantastic juniors season, I dont like to speculate what will happen in the future, cause in the discipline she skates now, she rocked it, so I ll just celebrate that, I remember the videos I had seen whole two years ago when she was 11, and now she is competing and winning all things <3, why should future ruin this?

Custom Title
    Julia is pretty awesome at 13 but I'm going to sit back and see how this plays out with puberty. Puberty affects not only the body but it also affects the mind as someone mention. I think I'm almost more interested in their mindset and how they handle change.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Here's a podium pic of Gracie, Julia and Adelina. Julia is not that much shorter than Adelina:

http://twitpic.com/8rlkum
    Do the Russian ladies go in for tanning? They both look so dark compared with Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Do the Russian ladies go in for tanning? They both look so dark compared with Gracie.
    I think maybe Gold is just very pale. I think that Julia and Adelina have always been like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gracie has always been pale plus her golden locks doesn't help make Julia and Adelina look lighter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast