Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Julia Lipnitskaia: One of the rising queens of Skating!

Custom Title
    Urmanov says in his interview that Julia's debut is comparable with Yu-na Kim's one.

Banned
    odd though other people in comments mistake her last name and call her
    JULIA LIPINSKI ???? is that an omen for 2014 ?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I find Julia's consistency quite remarkable. She seems like a pretty focused/mentally tough competitor so that's a huge plus for her. She has had one of the strongest seasons for a lady in recent memory. I love her tight rotations in the air, even though she's not that big of a jumper. That could be an issue if she grows; when the puberty monster attacks her she might lose some of that rotation and if she can't compensate with height on her jumps she might end up prone to URs.

She's a flutzer (I don't really care about flutzes/lips anymore) but her technique is pretty solid. Her spins are very gumby (not necessarily pretty IMO) but that sets her apart. Julia presents herself well. There's a lot of polish to her for her to only be 13 years old.

The main thing I dislike about her skating is her choreography. I think her programs are run-of-the-mill-Morosov with about 8 or 9 leg lifts thrown in...to no effect BTW. By the time she lifts her leg the third time, I start getting annoyed. Leg lifts are not choreography. Morosov makes me wanna punch him in the throat sometimes! Julia's programs are a waste of her good qualities. She needs the right music and choreographer to really bring the artist out of her. She doesn't dazzle me yet...but with the right tools she has the potential to.

It's still too early to proclaim her a queen of skating. She's clearly the top junior skater of the year, but time is a heartless b*tch when it comes to skating. Circumstances can change a lot in one or two years. Growth spurts, injuries, pressure and expectation. Best to just enjoy her for now...b/c things may look very different by the time Soichi rolls around.

Banned
    ^

Julia's 3T-3T is actually solid and gets good height, her 3 Loop has good technique
    her lutz is high though she flutzes sometimes, Im only worried is her 2A, it gets little height and she may need to change that after
    she hits puberty. hopefully she trains other 3-3 jumps a 3F-3T for next season

I agree though she needs to leave Morozov
    and let Tarasova choreograph her like she did with Adelina

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Since the inception of CoP, tall skaters who can power skate and jump big tend to do well. Shizuka is 166cm, Yuna is 164cm, Mao is around 165cm (maybe taller), Carolina Kostner is 169cm. That's why I think that in the end, it will be the taller Russian babes who will do better at Olympics.

(Miki at 162cm would be considered small in this bunch. Laura Lepisto is 164cm.)

I totally agree with you. That's why I expecting Polina Korobeynikova. Like Gracie she seems to already have encountered puberty, which, combined with solid jumping technique.

Lipnitskaya's jump is too small, which would be a problem in her senior years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny 80 View Post
    I totally agree with you. That's why I expecting Polina Korobeynikova. Like Gracie she seems to already have encountered puberty, which, combined with solid jumping technique.

I think you're right about Polina K. If I were to bet money on who will be Russia's no. 1 at Sochi, it would be her.

Custom Title
    I think you're right about Polina K. If I were to bet money on who will be Russia's no. 1 at Sochi, it would be her.
    I like Polina K. but I don't see her as Russia's no. 1 in Sochi. IMO it will come down to Liza vs. Julia (unless the puberty monster destroys the career of either or both).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny 80 View Post

I thought so, too. Some of her jumps reminded me of Lipinski's, which is not good if big jumps are the goal.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    odd though other people in comments mistake her last name and call her
    JULIA LIPINSKI ???? is that an omen for 2014 ?
    non-skating-fans will have that confused for decades...the same ones that still think there's a famous American skater named Kristy Kwan.

what's even funnier is that Tara was born June 10, 1982 and won in Nagano on February 21, 1998..making her winning age: 15 years, 8 months, 11 days. Julia was born June 5, 1998. Ladies freeskate in Sochi will likely be on the 20th or 21st...Julia would be 15 years, 8 months, 15/16 days IF she wins..., I'm sure Sochi tv commentators will have lots of fun with that comparison

Banned
    ^
    hopefully won't jynx anything but yes that was about it
    if all goes well, it will be the perfect time with the perfect place, year for the competition

Yes, Polina K. has a chance she has kept all her jumps and she is done with her growth spurt, she's a tall lady almost as tall as Kostner
    jumps are big and really artistic. Julia, Polina K. Adelina and Liza if all are healthy could battle it out for a spot, but I feel a bit sorry for Leonova as she is fighter
    but Im sure she will fight with the younger girls to earn her place.

i do think julia's axel will give her issues down the road...her leg does not lift up and it seems to me she rotates is a little crooked in the air (kind of like alissa's). if she ever goes to try triple axels it's going to be a problem.

how tall is elizaveta? how much more do you think she will grow/has she already had a growth spurt?

another thing i wonder is how much julia's proportions will change...when caroline was young her body seemed well proportioned but now her torso is very long for her legs. makes me wonder if something like that will occur. hopefully not.

also-- just watched both of polina k.'s programs at euros. i'm already a fan, i think she's great. she has some very nice lines and her spins are good. floaty jumps too. and her LP dress is beautiful! how old is she? she looks a bit tall.
    Last edited by macy; 03-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Custom Title
    I don't see it. Yes, Julia is very talented for a 13 year old but what will she be like at 18? It's way to early to know if she'll even still be in the top tier by then. I think Adelina has more presence than Julia and I think Liza has more technical ability. Julia's one great attribute is her flexibility, but you cannot win championships with that. It will be interesting to watch all these talented youngsters come of age in the next couple of years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    i do think julia's axel will give her issues down the road...her leg does not lift up and it seems to me she rotates is a little crooked in the air (kind of like alissa's). if she ever goes to try triple axels it's going to be a problem.

how tall is elizaveta? how much more do you think she will grow/has she already had a growth spurt?

another thing i wonder is how much julia's proportions will change...when caroline was young her body seemed well proportioned but now her torso is very long for her legs. makes me wonder if something like that will occur. hopefully not.

also-- just watched both of polina k.'s programs at euros. i'm already a fan, i think she's great. she has some very nice lines and her spins are good. floaty jumps too. and her LP dress is beautiful! how old is she? she looks a bit tall.
    Elizaveta won't grow much or not grow anymore she is like her parents who are a short ethnic group. she is Udmurt I think
    Julia's body when she grows old will probably look like a typical rhythmic gymnast, she does stretching everyday for 4 hours and can maintain her narrow hips
    I don't know if getting long legs will be the problem when she gets older, Julia won't fill that out much but she needs to change her 2A technique that will cause problems in the future.

and Polina K. is an inch shorter than Koster

Custom Title
    I just looked up the Udmurts, and they're fascinating. I didn't realize Elizaveta was anything but ethnic Russian. Their original language is Uralic, not Slavic. There are fewer than a million Udmurts. Man, become a skating fan and see the world.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Julia doenst have the rythmic body structure even now, I know she started out in rytmics but I think her shoulders are not as wide and her legs are more muscled, I m amazed she stretches for 4 hours a day, how many hours does she train?

I just looked at Udmurts too, first time I heard this!!
    from
    http://www.udm.ru/history.html

Anthropologists relate Udmurts to the Urals branch of the large European race which has some features of the Mongolian race. The Udmurt people are distinguished by a large number of red-haired people who (together with the Irish) are probably one of the most "gold-haired" ethnic groups in the world. Most of them are of the middle size, often have blue or gray eyes, high cheek-bones and wide face. The Udmurt people are not of an athletic build but they are very hardy.
    Talking about the traits of Udmurts (such an indefinite and subjective sphere) we usually note their goodwill, hospitality, delicacy, shyness, restraint of feelings turning to secrecy, thrift to stinginess, patience to self-sacrifice, insistence to obstinacy. Many experts are delighted with the exceptional diligence and hard-working of the Udmurt people.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast