Julia Lipnitskaia: One of the rising queens of Skating! | Golden Skate

Julia Lipnitskaia: One of the rising queens of Skating!

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Julia! So much confidence, musicality. She has "IT" and she is a star!

She is like Sasha Cohen Version 2! heheheh!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Sasha never had jumps like Julia's. She has all the good qualities of Sasha with the added benefits of difficult tech content, good jump technique, and consistency.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia is amazing but she needs better choreography
hopefully when she matures she ditches Morozov and finds a real choregrapher to showcase her talent.
I am sure is capable of more artistry not just flexibility, she can become a young artistic skater like Adelina

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I agree with Julia need better choreography, choreographer and generally better mentor to develop her talent with much love attention and care. She is insanely talented, a real natural and fearless skater. Yet the young usually are fearless when things are easy and there's nothing to loose. It would be interested to see how she progress through puberty.

For now, she is my pick for Sochi. Oh and apparently she hate being compared to Sasha, just to annoy you Sasha fans (or not).

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
The similarities are inevitable.
I think she has more mental fortitude and flexibility than Sasha!
Surely, Sasha has been a huge influence in her skating!

hurrah

Medalist
I would love julia more if I knew that she would get properly dinged for flutzing. (Adelina, too.)

macy

Record Breaker
i really like her, she has a lot of talent and potential. the only thing that can get in her way is puberty, which i hope she survives without a huge struggle. for 13 she's great. she does have more flexibility than sasha, but i agree she needs a new choreographer. tons of potential though.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
She is talented, but I don't love her skating.She is still a kid...I may change my opinion after her growing. Right now she isn't my cup of tea

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is talented, but I don't love her skating.She is still a kid...I may change my opinion after her growing. Right now she isn't my cup of tea

My thoughts exactly. 13 year old skaters in general are not my cup of tea.

jaylee

Medalist
The similarities are inevitable.
I think she has more mental fortitude and flexibility than Sasha!
Surely, Sasha has been a huge influence in her skating!

Julia denies that Sasha has had any influence in an interview with IFS Magazine in the April 2012 issue. She said the music for this season's programs were chosen without knowing about Sasha's programs, and that the only thing they have in common are spirals.

She did say she admired Javier and Patrick after having seen them at the GPF (she was in the JGPF), and also, she chose to work with Polina Shelepen's coach because she liked Polina's skating.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^ liked Polina Shelepen's skating ? :laugh: well I suppose they are close friends
Julia may actually did indeed not know that Sasha skated those music
remember Morozov is her Chorographer who used to be the assistant of Tarasova that choreographed Sasha Cohen

I also read another interview from the ladies press conference she said she has no idols, Garcie and Adelina said the same
but from another article she mentions from the current skaters she likes Adelina Sotnikova and Carolina Kostner

Last edited:

sweetskates1

Medalist
She is a great 13yo athlete. All the top young Russian ladies are. Sasha's beauty and artistry are still unmatched. I highly doubt that Julia will rise to meet this challenge and I have no idea where anyone sees a similarity to Cohen from what I have seen.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Chrisitina Gao 4th(last Jr.), 7th(this Jr.)
Adelina SOTNIKOVA 1st(last Jr.), 3rd(this Jr.)
Risa 5th(last Jr.), 20th(this Jr.)

Just a reminder of puberty monster.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
and Polina Shelepen from 7th to 6th this year
but she did go to a growth spurt in 2010