Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies: Long Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    just saw Adelina's LP
    her first half was good but at the middle part she started wobbling on her jumps, had trouble with her spins ( it looked labored) and a fall
    Just watched it too seems to me like she loses focus for one element, falls/almost falls then rushes her timing on the other elements and it gets messy the twizzles being a prime example considering she has plenty of stamina its sad but next year she'll be ready and most likely she'll come back like Mao did after last year. Also a medalling in every event this year is pretty good in my opinion
    Last edited by Irishflip; 03-03-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    I just watched the medal ceremony on the Belarus channel. I was just wondering about Gold - Has she ever seen an ISU medal ceremony before? Like the Olympics or worlds? I thought it was common for a skater to congratulate one another (even if it is just shaking the hand, you don't have to hug). However, she didn't even look in Lipnitskaya's direction. Maybe I'm thinking this over too much and she was nervous or forgot. But it was kind of disrespectful.
    It was probably just nerves, considering her lack of international competition experience. Gracie doesn't seem like the diva type - quite the opposite, actually. I'm sure she didn't mean any disrespect.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone respond to the q of what happened to Risa Shoji? Her score was appalling and I didn't think her skate was that bad. She fell going into one of her triples (not on the actual jump) once and singled all the second and third jumps in her combinations. I've seen worse meltdowns that scored better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone respond to the q of what happened to Risa Shoji? Her score was appalling and I didn't think her skate was that bad. She fell going into one of her triples (not on the actual jump) once and singled all the second and third jumps in her combinations. I've seen worse meltdowns that scored better.
    Maybe she underrotated quite a lot? She's done that before.

Custom Title
    That's exactly what killed her score: Popping all those 2nd and 3rd jumps (one of those single toeloops was actually supposed to be a triple toeloop), doubling a 3S attempt, and then falling on another salchow attempt without getting a single rotation. The only thing more costly than a singled jump, or a fall on a popped jump, is a fall on the jump attempt without getting any rotation at all. 0 points in base value and then a 1 point deduction.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Yes... but then her PCS all tanking? IDK, it seemed a bit like overkill.

DianaSelene, you're right, she got an UR call on her 3T as well, I hadn't noticed that. So she only had 2 triples, an S and a T.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 03-03-2012 at 05:43 PM.

I didn't say we were arguing that. It's just that I was explaining to DobrinFan that most of the things we say on this forum is opinion. However, there are some things that are not such as jumps and consistency.
    I didn't bring up jumps or consistency so I didn't need it to be explained to me. Go back and re-read my posts.

Custom Title
    Risa is a beautiful skater;very lyrical, nice flow and rise and fall of the knees and a great long program so i do agree with you there

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    I didn't bring up jumps or consistency so I didn't need it to be explained to me. Go back and re-read my posts.
    That was mentioned by bekalc and I used it to answer your posts. I know what you said. I do not need to read it again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    That's really interesting, Irishflip.

Seriously, I know of only one person that was born on the same day & same year as me (i.e. my late father's best friend's daughter). I recall how in awe her mother was when she found out because we were the best of friends, both social workers, and she said "ahh, that's why, that's why".
    I think its always really cool to find someone so similar to yourself the fact that i love her skating is icing on the cake

As for Julia if people want to doubt her star quality, may I point out that reports are Julia got a Standing Ovation-apparently the only standing ovation of the entire competition. That girl has literally it all-if she can withstand puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    As for Julia if people want to doubt her star quality, may I point out that reports are Julia got a Standing Ovation-apparently the only standing ovation of the entire competition. That girl has literally it all-if she can withstand puberty.
    She also got a standing ovation in Quebec which is located far from Belarus or Russia.

She also got a standing ovation in Quebec which is located far from Belarus or Russia.
    Exactly. But there were other young Russians that skated well-the Junior World Dance team didn't get a SO it seems. She is special.

Custom Title

DianaSelene, you're right, she got an UR call on her 3T as well, I hadn't noticed that. So she only had 2 triples, an S and a T.
    Skating in the 2nd warmup didn't help and she looked very distracted during her skate. It would appear she's either injured or having some equipment problems. She's been hot and cold this season, but even at JGPF and YOG where she "bombed", her scores were much higher than here. I think something must be wrong. Puberty might have something to do with it but from the video she did not appear to have gained a lot of weight or shot up drastically since the fall when she was skating quite well. Hope this was a fluke and she comes back strong next season.

Custom Title
    Article from Phil Hersh featuring a telephone interview with Gracie Gold post FS

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast