Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies: Long Program

Banned
    Congrats to Julia

hands down the most consistent skater this season
    she destroyed all her opponents by a huge score

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Adelina 1 fall again.
    But I am happy she medaled

Adelina should've never competed here.

The previous highest ladies score in junior worlds was in 2005 from Mao Asada with 179.24, so yeah Julia pretty much crushed that.

Tripping on the Podium
    Congrats to the winners. I'm kinda glad Gracie didn't win I hope it takes some pressure off.

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Why?

not one negative goe for julia. wow. and gracie was given a +3 for her triple triple. awesome.

Here are the protocols

Quote Originally Posted by Not Anybodys Mother View Post
    Congrats to the winners. I'm kinda glad Gracie didn't win I hope it takes some pressure off.
    I think winning - in the long term -- wasn't the goal (though it would have been awesome). I think it proves, if nothing else, that Gracie CAN handle international pressure. She hasn't been perfect this season, but she has managed to stay focused enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    That's my view as well. Like Liza, she should have just focused on next season after the Youth Olympics

Looking at the protocols, she had negative GOE's all over the place

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Why?
    because he's thinking maybe it have damaged her confidence again.

Custom Title
    All Right, Gracie medals at Jr. Worlds her first time out!

She's in good company as well; one of my all-time faves, Sarah Hughes, also won the silver medal in 1999. Though of course Michelle Kwan, Sydne Vogel, Jennifer Kirk, A-P McDonough, Caroline Zhang and Rachael Flatt have all won Gold in Jrs. But that's not an indication of how well one will do in Srs.

Here's hoping Gracie does well in Seniors, where it really counts, GOOOOOOOOOOO GRACIE!!!!

And Congrats to the 2011 Jr. World Champion, Miss Adelina Sotnikova, for coming back again this year and winning the bronze medal to add to her collection.

ONTO SENIORS YOU TWO! YES!!!!

ps: thank goodness it looks like they've already gone through puberty, which should help big time. (:^)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Why?
    What's the point? Adelina should've gotten some rest and concentrated on seniors instead.

Gracie's popped jump was not a 1L but a 2L. Since it came after doing those two solid combos (incredible + GOE, by the way!) I'm getting the sense her body must've been too relaxed...and hence she popped the jump.

She got -GOE on the 3S she did later in the program, must've been a rough landing or something.

This makes no sense, Adelina gets an edge call on her 3Z-3L but got +GOE? Hm...I thought edge calls were an automatic deduction...

Custom Title
    Congrats to the medalists! Julia had so much confidence, she's a star. Delighted for Gracie, and as for Adelina, getting a medal is at least better than no medal at all, and I believe she can bounce back next season.

Looking at the protocols though, I'm reminded again that it's ridiculous that there is no explicit rule rewarding difficult combinations, which is why Julia doesn't suffer at all in comparison to the other ladies here for having two 2A/3T combos (one with another 2T), while the other medalists and others in the top 10 did a 3/3 AND a 2A/3T. That's just silly--Julia is perfectly capable of doing a 3/3 (a 3T/3T, and she has done other combos in practice), but she has no point incentive to do a 3/3 in the FS so she doesn't and goes for the safe route instead. Meanwhile, Adelina, Gracie, and other skaters who did a tough 3/3 combo with a 2A/3T got no boost in base value for it versus Julia. Julia still would've won, but they need to reward those 3/3 combinations.

Polina Shelepen - great comeback. Finished 4th in the FS and 6th overall. She may just get into senior worlds on the back of that

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast