Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Junior Ladies: Long Program

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Yes Sasha may very well had better presentation and a better layback. But there is PLENTY of things that Julia does better than Sasha did at 13. 1. She has better skating skills. 2. Way better jumps 3. Competitive. Plus Julia has this way about her that commands attention. Star Quality.
    That's an opinion though. Everybody has their own preference in skaters.

Banned
    Polina Shelepen had the same experience with Polina K. at the Euros.
    bombed the sp and pulled up with a clean LP, will these be the same scenarios for senior Worlds ? lol

I think Shelepen had a decent junior worlds, she has the 3rd highest TES in the LP but does get get low PCS
    still I she is a better bet than Makarova for senior worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    That's an opinion though. Everybody has their own preference in skaters.
    So? This whole forum contains our opinions. Everyone has a different view. What is not opinion is as bekalc noted- better jumps. Plus she is more consistent.

Custom Title
    Videos - Ladies Free Skate (Updated)

1. Julia LIPNITSKAYA (RUS) (FS = 1st)

3. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) (FS = 3rd)

6. Polina SHELEPEN (RUS) (FS = 4th)

10. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) (FS = 10th)

12. Miu SATO (JPN) (FS = 12th)

20. Risa SHOJI (JPN) (FS = 22nd)
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-03-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    So? This whole forum contains our opinions. Everyone has a different view. What is not opinion is as bekalc noted- better jumps. Plus she is more consistent.
    Exactly. I'm not knocking down your opinion at all. Everybody sees things differently. You are allowed to have your opinion just as I'm allowed to have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Polina Shelepen had the same experience with Polina K. at the Euros.
    bombed the sp and pulled up with a clean LP, will these be the same scenarios for senior Worlds ? lol

I think Shelepen had a decent junior worlds, she has the 3rd highest TES in the LP but does get get low PCS
    still I she is a better bet than Makarova for senior worlds.
    If both Polina K and Polina S (providing she goes) bomb the short, what are the chances of one of them or both not making it out of the sp? That would be a disaster. I think that would be my concern if I was the Russian Fed. On the other hand, Makarova long program is terrible, do they really want to subject the world to that program again? lol

Banned
    ... Star Quality.
    Here again, silly exuberance with anything related to 'R'. Yeah, I guess Sasha didn't have star quality?

Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Here again, silly exuberance with anything related to 'R'. Yeah, I guess Sasha didn't have star quality?
    Hey let everybody have their opinion. But I agree with you, just b/c someone thinks that someone has star quality doesn't mean the whole world does. I think Julia is fine at 13. I just prefer to watch skaters once puberty hits.

Yes Sasha may very well had better presentation and a better layback. But there is PLENTY of things that Julia does better than Sasha did at 13. 1. She has better skating skills. 2. Way better jumps 3. Competitive. Plus Julia has this way about her that commands attention. Star Quality.
    We must be watching different programs. I think Sasha definitely had star quality when she was young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ6xEyAyiXM <----junior nationals program 1999

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Nobody was arguing that Sasha had better jumps or consistency than Julia. The point was that she had more artistry even at an early age. And yes, star quality.

BUT - I just watched Julia's FS and it's the best I've seen from her by a long shot. She finishes everything off with such beautiful arm and hand movements. Hopefully soon she'll point her toes in the layback! Anybody want to bet she'll be doing Swan Lake next year?

Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    I never said Sasha didn't have star quality. Although my posting was a little vague. I was mainly arguing that while Sasha may have been better presentation wise than Julia, but that Julia was much better technically than Sasha was at 13. And that while maybe not as good as Sasha presentation wise her presentation is extremely good and she has this huge charisma when on the ice. I think Julia is closer to Sasha presentation wise at 13, than Sasha was closer to Julia at the technical stuff. Not to mention Julia's ability to deliver when it counts-something Sasha NEVER had.

Who knows if Julia will survive puberty but if she does....The others should be shaking in their boots. That girl seems to have a very Witt like competitive ability about her.

In the end Sasha was a gorgeous skater but skating isn't just about lines/positions. Its also about skating skills, jumps etc. Julia's lines are very very good.

Skaters need to be well rounded especially at a young age. Julia is very well rounded, and I have no doubt her presentation will continue to improve-she's a beautiful skater.
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-03-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Banned
    just saw Adelina's LP
    her first half was good but at the middle part she started wobbling on her jumps, had trouble with her spins ( it looked labored) and a fall

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Nobody was arguing that Sasha had better jumps or consistency than Julia. The point was that she had more artistry even at an early age. And yes, star quality.

BUT - I just watched Julia's FS and it's the best I've seen from her by a long shot. She finishes everything off with such beautiful arm and hand movements. Hopefully soon she'll point her toes in the layback! Anybody want to bet she'll be doing Swan Lake next year?
    I didn't say we were arguing that. It's just that I was explaining to DobrinFan that most of the things we say on this forum is opinion. However, there are some things that are not such as jumps and consistency.

I just watched the medal ceremony on the Belarus channel. I was just wondering about Gold - Has she ever seen an ISU medal ceremony before? Like the Olympics or worlds? I thought it was common for a skater to congratulate one another (even if it is just shaking the hand, you don't have to hug). However, she didn't even look in Lipnitskaya's direction. Maybe I'm thinking this over too much and she was nervous or forgot. But it was kind of disrespectful.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast