Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Junior Men-Long Program

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I find that watching Jason skating to Flow Like Water while he truly flows like water to be quite a treat!

Custom Title
    CBC has the Junior Worlds on line. I don't know if it's geoblocked.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...05468834&tab=3

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Quality at this junior worlds, in all disciplines really, was really high. So many great talents coming up across all the disciplines and I can't wait to see them all develop in the future!
    I agree!

The bar is CRAZILY HIGH not only to win, but even get on the podium, compared to the last year's Jr. Worlds.
    I hope all these promising boys to stay healthy and develop into their full potentials for many years to come.

And, my personal hearty congratulations to Shoma!
    You did pretty well (top 10 yay!)on your first appearance at Junior Worlds.

But, please correct your jump technique ASAP.
    Mule kick on toe jumps will certainly hurt your body as you grow and gain weight. Maybe Mr Nagakubo can be of your big help with jump technique, I guess? He is the one who brought up both Takeshi Honda and Shizuka Arakawa to great jumpers when they were very young.

Rinkside
    Big shout out to our Canadian team!!! Dancers Orford and Williams, men Liam Firus, pairs Marinaro and Purdy , and ladies Katelyn Osmond!!!!

Thanks for the videos. My goodness I can't remember when I have seen so much talent at Jr. Worlds.

Custom Title
    Why does Denis Ten compete in Olympics 2 years ago and still in Junior Worlds today?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    Why does Denis Ten compete in Olympics 2 years ago and still in Junior Worlds today?
    According to his bio, Denis was born June 13th 1993, and is 18 years old.

While he was old enough to compete at the Olympics in 2010 (already 16yo), he is still age eligible to compete at Junior circuit due to ISU's age rule.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    According to his bio, Denis was born June 13th 1993, and is 18 years old.

While he was old enough to compete at the Olympics in 2010 (already 16yo), he is still age eligible to compete at Junior circuit due to ISU's age rule.
    OH! Then me and Denis share the same birth date! Another reason to root for him :D

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Denis wanted to win the first ever ISU medal for Kazakhstan. It was not to be. Next year he is ineligible.

Custom Title
    I like Joshua Ferris the best in the top three. Good for Han Yan to win the first ever ISU men's gold for China! Agree that Jason has a mature style and very smooth on ice with precise movements. He must be thinking that he looks good in that hair-do since he cares so much for the details in his skating and his costumes.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Quality at this junior worlds, in all disciplines really, was really high. So many great talents coming up across all the disciplines and I can't wait to see them all develop in the future!
    I agree. I find myself having many favorites! It's great, but then also difficult, because I am happy for the skaters I like when they reach the podium but then disappointed for the others. I, too, wish there were more opportunities for all to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Agree that Jason has a mature style and very smooth on ice with precise movements. He must be thinking that he looks good in that hair-do since he cares so much for the details in his skating and his costumes.
    There was a whole discussion of whether Jason should cut his hair or not earlier this season. He's had a pony tail for a LONG time and has been debating what to do with it (cut it off or leave it). At least he doesn't end up with "whispies" at the end of his skates like Caroline Zhang does.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    There was a whole discussion of whether Jason should cut his hair or not earlier this season. He's had a pony tail for a LONG time and has been debating what to do with it (cut it off or leave it).
    I remember that thread. Of course, whether to cut it or not is entirely Jason's choice. But to me, his hair looks the worst ever in men's skating, much worse than Kevin Reynolds' Peter Pan hair-do.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-05-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    There seems to be a strong Canadian reaction against Brown. Even his hair is horrible. Hmm... wonder why that could be.

Worse than Kevin Reynolds? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Worse than Kevin Reynolds? LOL.
    But think of how many hours it took his hair stylist to create this look!

http://www.vancouversun.com/3894509.bin?size=620x400

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    At least he doesn't end up with "whispies" at the end of his skates like Caroline Zhang does.
    But on her it looks cute.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7-2008_GPF.jpg
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-05-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast