Kristi Krall never has a tendency to package her skaters alike and I believe they (Patrick and Josh) have different choreographers, so that shouldn't be an issue for Josh.
As for Jason, I wouldn't be too worried about his likelihood of attaining a 3A and 4's because:
1) he's not very tall
2) he's gotten stronger-looking in his upper body
3) his 2A has gotten better with the work he's put in on the 3A so far (it's got an almost delayed rotation now)
4) he's got very quick rotation on his 3's
5) he has an awesome rotational pivot on his jumps (nice and straight in the air)
6) when I saw his 3A last (around Christmas time) it was pretty close in terms of having the feel for it - it was rotating properly and just about there, he either was falling or 2 footing it, but the right foot was all the way backwards on the majority of the attempts (either late checking out or early)