Sasha Leaves Tarasova For Robin Wagner | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sasha Leaves Tarasova For Robin Wagner

LBC

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
I find it plain impossible to believe that TT was the one to dump Sasha two weeks before the Nationals. She HAS put up with quite a lot of willfullness from her students, especially from Kulik. I DO believe that in reality they must have come to this understanding beforehand. As to TT's history with Morozovs' students -- according to what Bourne herself has said, they haven't been working with TT much in the last months before TT/Morozov split, they've been mainly training with Morozov.

I agree that this was not something that happened overnight. Something was defintely wrong at GPF. I also read somewhere that Sasha was back in Newington home of the wayward Simsbury and Tarosava refugees. :D

shine

Record Breaker
So TT dumped her most gifted/talented/musical/beautiful female skater since Oksana Baiul. Oh Mama TT! What shame.

Lanie

On the Ice
It's funny how people are making such a big deal out of it and making all these assumptions. Who cares what happened is what I say--let's just wish Sasha and Robin the best and leave it at that, and stop making it into some big skating soap opera! :)

LBC

On the Ice
Lanie said:
It's funny how people are making such a big deal out of it and making all these assumptions. Who cares what happened is what I say--let's just wish Sasha and Robin the best and leave it at that, and stop making it into some big skating soap opera! :)

Skating needs a big skating soap opera. What would we talk about. ;)

I think ABC is going to play this for all its worth to get more ratings for Nationals. They are probably saying YES. Something to talk about that doesn't involve judges or scoring systems and cheating. As the Sasha turns. I can see it now.

Terry: What do you think about this turn of events with Sasha Cohen and Tatiana Tarosava spliting up and then hiring Robin Wagner as her coach?

Peggy: I don't know Terry. I was truly shocked. My first thought was "what is Sasha thinking" but it seems Tatiana's health was a factor so it made more sense. Robin was a great coach for Sarah Hughes so hopefully she'll be able to bring that same consistancy of Sarah's skating to Sasha's.

Dick: Flabergasted is all I have to say. I about fell out of my chair and had a heart attack when I heard the news. Is Sasha becoming Nicole Bobek and changing coaches like yesterday's laundry.? How will this effect her at Nationals? Will she be able to stay focused with all this happening around her? I just don't know. I hope so. She is such a lovely skater and it just heartbreaking to see such talent go to waste. Maybe Robin Wagner can help her maintain that focus and get through a program with no mistakes.

Peter: We're here with Robin Wagner Sasha Cohens new coach.
So Robin how are things going with you and Sasha?

Robin: So far so good. I've been beat driving all those miles to Connecticut and back but it has been worth it.

Peter: So have you talked to Sarah Hughes? How does she feel about this whole thing?

Robin: Sarah is busy with her studies at Yale. I only talked to her briefly. She wished me all the best as well as Sasha.

Sarah on remote from Yale University

Peggy: Hi Sarah how are you doing? Are you missing not being here at Nationals?

Sarah: It is different watching it here on TV in my dorm. Screams from students in the backgroud. "Yale Yale Yale". but I'm happy here at school.

Peggy: So what do you think about Robin coaching Sasha?

Sarah: It is kind of weird seeing my coach with Sasha. I'm not there though so I can't tell Robin not to have any other students.
Sasha and I have known each other for years and she called me and I told her that Robin is a great coach and who knows maybe we'll be training partners soon.

Dick: Does that mean your thinking about coming back Sarah?

Sarah: I don't know we'll have to see. I'm enjoying myself here but I do miss skating.

Terry: Thanks Sarah. What do you think? Sarah and Sasha training partners? Interesting indeed.

Suzie Wynne: Hi I"m here by the boards watching the warmup making sure that Sasha and Michelle don't run into each other.
So far so good. Michelle's new coach just said something in Russian to Sasha. I'm not sure what he said but Sasha just gave him a dirty look. Robin is straring daggers at him. OH MY GOD a near miss. Jenny and AP are stalking Michelle and Sasha. Jenny's hair almost moved. AP's swan almost was tore off. This is brutal down here. Thank God it is almost over. Michelle as usual is first to skate and is getting a bit of rest. She's checking her costume to make sure nothing is falling out. Sasha has no such problem. Back to you guys.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
hahaha

LBC You had me rolling on my bedroom floor laughing! You should consider being a writer...

Dick is free to say what he wishes, as long as he doesn't make that comment he made about Nicole Bobek...the spanking comment, where he said he wanted to take her across his lap and spank her?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Oh, LBC, thanks for a good laugh. My hubby thought I'm going crazy at this time.

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
LBC - you have SO captured everybody's tone, it wouldn't surprise me if your "interview" gets picked up and presented as factual! ROTFLOL. Great job!

shdotz

On the Ice
Sasha's best?

Have we seen Sasha's best?

Same moves, same smile, same falls.

It's not the coach; never is.

It's attitude, posture, purpose, determination, and being.

Either she's going to skate freely or she's not. It's really all up to her. She has to know exactly what she's doing every second of every skate and without distraction of any kind.

She either knows how or she doesn't. It's really that simple.

sh

G

God

Sasha is a head case. Robin Wagner has a B.A. in psychology. This could very well be a match made—as you mortals like to say—in heaven (we actually don't do any match making here now, ever since that fiasco with Rock Hudson and Phyllis Gates).

Jhar55

Medalist
LBC, If I didn't know better I'd thought that was a real transcript.
The only one missing would have been Christine Brennan: So Sasha what happened?

LBC

On the Ice
Jhar55 said:
LBC, If I didn't know better I'd thought that was a real transcript.
The only one missing would have been Christine Brennan: So Sasha what happened?

Sasha:

Tatiana and I had clash of cultures. I never understood half of what she was saying anyways. She wanted me to be Russian and I'm an American. Her training methods never made any sense to me but I thought I'd give it a try. I changed my whole life for her, moved across the country with my family, worked my butt off, made her cookies. She dam near killed me over the summer. Called in this physical trainer who worked me to exhaution. She said she'd train me just like Alexei and Ilia. Well I'm not a man here. By the time Laique rolled around I was totally exhausted and burnt out. We had a disagreement on doing the Winter Challange but I had a contract with the USFSA.
I wanted to honor that and I had been skating really well to that point. Things just imploded there and I was in total shock. I don't think I had ever skated that bad. Afterwards Tatiana and my mom got into it over me going and I didn't care. I went into GPF really down and I was actually happy that I skated as well as I did at altitude. 2nd wasn't bad under the circumstances. It wasn't for Tatiana she felt I had embarrassed myself and her. It was then that everything just started falling apart. Arguments happened and Tatiana about keeled over. We had to call a doctor. She told me she had to quit otherwise I'd kill her. I asked her to at least stay until after Nationals but she said she wanted to go back to Russia. In the end we had a long meeting and decided it best to split then. Luckily Robin Wagner was avaliable and she was able to come in and coach me. I'm greatful for her help.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
.....shodtz

"It's not the coach; never is."

........well said.......42

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
LBC

I'm just waiting for Christine Brennan and Phil Hersch to call her the next Nicole... I wonder what Nicole would have to say about all this...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Nicole would say that she has a COUPLE of things that Sasha doesn't.:D

Piel

IDLERACER

Medalist
I know exactly what WOFICE would have to say about it, thisthingcalledlove...She'd scream:

"Oh No!!! Now within a couple of months time, Sasha is gonna start entering toe-pick jumps like she's kicking a soccer ball too! It isn't fair, It isn't fair!!! Whaaa-haahaaahaaa!!!" :cry: