Makarova gets remaining spot on Russian World's team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Makarova gets remaining spot on Russian World's team

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Read today, that Makarova is very good on trains, jumps all jumpes , which were sheduled, and not tires.
Makarova`s problem is only in her head (minus start) this season. A lot of people work with her to help her with it.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Read today, that Makarova is very good on trains, jumps all jumpes , which were sheduled, and not tires.
Makarova`s problem is only in her head (minus start) this season. A lot of people work with her to help her with it.

And on rotating her jumps which she needs to do to be competitive.

lcd

Match Penalty
IF this is what happens for 2012 Worlds, can you imagine what the decision process will be like before the Sochi Olympics? Will they do a skate off the day before Opening Ceremonies? Talk about stress. Who ever does not get picked will have to find a way to "recover" Who ever does get picked has the "thrill of victory" be the heavy yoke of expectations and "responsibility" put on them. Wish them both well but this is so ... "strenous"..

seniorita

Record Breaker
I know it is their anxiety to send a team that will bring back 3 spots for next year so the russian littles could go, but i dont remember any other year that RF was so late in announcing their team, this must be nerve breaking for the ladies, Worlds are in ten days. Plus I feel sorry for them cause unless Liza, Adelina arent good next year, it is probable that only Polina K. would go again, I feel bad for Leonova especially cause she is holding Euro and Worlds spots for so many years, and I dont see her going to Sochi.
If you see it otherway though, it is strange that RF would send next year newbies to gain the spots for Olympics.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I could see Leonova going to worlds again and/or Sochi. The wonder kids aren't infallible and she was 4th in the world last year.

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
The last information that Russian FFS came to dessision. Those who need know who will go to Worlds. But we must wait the pressconference.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Interesting because if USA ladies skate well as does the Finns Russia could be down to two ladies. I think I would have gone for Shelepen. Leonova and Polina K will have to skate well and not rely on which Makraova will show up. I am disappointed Makarova really has not improved since her debut.

Trewyn

Medalist
Makarova showed such promise in 2010! It's sad she didn't manage to live up to it.. What stuns me most is that neither her nor Leonova has managed to medal at Europeans, even against generally inconsistent skaters like Korpi and Gedevanishvili. Especially Leonova; who often showed great potential during the GP circuit the past couple of seasons. Weird. Russia must really be hoping to come back with vengeance soon.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Makarova officially will take the 3rd spot.
soo sad for Shelepen and I hate to see that horrible LP again :no:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the update, after all the hoopla they put her through she goes to Worlds just as I thought.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Hi. Well, it is my first post here in Gold Skate.

I am very happy that Makarova will go to Worlds. Why? I am not a big fan of her(I am a Carolina Kostner's fan). But this girl can be considered a "short program skater". Her SP's are very nice. Last year, her SP was very good at worlds and she deserved to be 2nd in the SP, ahead of Kim(well, she was clean, landed 3-3 and had good energy). And, to be honest, I really would like to see her SP again, because it is so amazing.

You can watch a "clean" version of her SP here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15__Nnkjr4c

The choreography that she performs before the combo is so beautiful and very good indeed. This program is soft, light, the dress is very adequate to the feeling of the music. In my humble opinion, if she skates this program clean, she deserves to be in the SP's top 3 and her PC's deserves to be near 30.

As for her FS, I really don't like it. It is so awful. Feels very tacky and poorly constructed.

*SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE ENGLISH

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would suggest Makarova go back to an old FS - pronto! Anything is better than this throw together routine of Marilyyn Monrue

b-man

Final Flight
For those more familiar with the Russian Fed than I am, should Shelepen consider moving to skate for a different federaltion/country? She has too much talent and is too young to be frozen out of worlds forever, but if she didn't make the world's team this year, she may never make it with Adelina and Tuk eligible next year and Julia added to the mix in 2014.

lavender

Record Breaker
I don't normally like Makarova's skating but I love her short program. To me if she skates it clean it could be one of the best but that long program just undo everything.

Hi. Well, it is my first post here in Gold Skate.

I am very happy that Makarova will go to Worlds. Why? I am not a big fan of her(I am a Carolina Kostner's fan). But this girl can be considered a "short program skater". Her SP's are very nice. Last year, her SP was very good at worlds and she deserved to be 2nd in the SP, ahead of Kim(well, she was clean, landed 3-3 and had good energy). And, to be honest, I really would like to see her SP again, because it is so amazing.

You can watch a "clean" version of her SP here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15__Nnkjr4c

The choreography that she performs before the combo is so beautiful and very good indeed. This program is soft, light, the dress is very adequate to the feeling of the music. In my humble opinion, if she skates this program clean, she deserves to be in the SP's top 3 and her PC's deserves to be near 30.

As for her FS, I really don't like it. It is so awful. Feels very tacky and poorly constructed.

*SORRY FOR THE TERRIBLE ENGLISH

On the contrary, Mateusp1--your English is wonderful! We're very glad to have you at GS. Thanks for your well-informed insights on Makarova as a short-program skater. It will be interesting to see how she does at Worlds.

By the way, if you're Russian-speaking (or if anyone else knows the answer to this), I'm curious about Polina's last name, Shelepen. Is it by any chance related to the name Chaliapin? (Like Feodor Chaliapin, the great opera singer.) I love the origin of names, and it's great to have so many international posters to ask for information.