Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Makarova gets remaining spot on Russian World's team

Medalist
    There is no any official information yet. (But I saw yesterday at one forum - Makarova will go. It was one short message without any link.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyvalley View Post
    There is no any official information yet. (But I saw yesterday at one forum - Makarova will go. It was one short message without any link.)
    she will go ?
    well at least this will be her last Worlds, maybe she will have the skate of her life.
    at least, I did like her new LP White Marilyn Costume but I dislike the ponytail

So Leonova and Korobeynikova are not going to Worlds?

This is the skate off for the third spot, Slowdive

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    This is the skate off for the third spot, Slowdive
    Gotcha thanks.

Medalist
    Read today, that Makarova is very good on trains, jumps all jumpes , which were sheduled, and not tires.
    Makarova`s problem is only in her head (minus start) this season. A lot of people work with her to help her with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyvalley View Post
    Read today, that Makarova is very good on trains, jumps all jumpes , which were sheduled, and not tires.
    Makarova`s problem is only in her head (minus start) this season. A lot of people work with her to help her with it.
    And on rotating her jumps which she needs to do to be competitive.

Banned
    IF this is what happens for 2012 Worlds, can you imagine what the decision process will be like before the Sochi Olympics? Will they do a skate off the day before Opening Ceremonies? Talk about stress. Who ever does not get picked will have to find a way to "recover" Who ever does get picked has the "thrill of victory" be the heavy yoke of expectations and "responsibility" put on them. Wish them both well but this is so ... "strenous"..

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I know it is their anxiety to send a team that will bring back 3 spots for next year so the russian littles could go, but i dont remember any other year that RF was so late in announcing their team, this must be nerve breaking for the ladies, Worlds are in ten days. Plus I feel sorry for them cause unless Liza, Adelina arent good next year, it is probable that only Polina K. would go again, I feel bad for Leonova especially cause she is holding Euro and Worlds spots for so many years, and I dont see her going to Sochi.
    If you see it otherway though, it is strange that RF would send next year newbies to gain the spots for Olympics.

I could see Leonova going to worlds again and/or Sochi. The wonder kids aren't infallible and she was 4th in the world last year.

Medalist
    The last information that Russian FFS came to dessision. Those who need know who will go to Worlds. But we must wait the pressconference.

Banned
    ^

and when is thr press conference ?

Custom Title
    Interesting because if USA ladies skate well as does the Finns Russia could be down to two ladies. I think I would have gone for Shelepen. Leonova and Polina K will have to skate well and not rely on which Makraova will show up. I am disappointed Makarova really has not improved since her debut.

Custom Title
    Makarova showed such promise in 2010! It's sad she didn't manage to live up to it.. What stuns me most is that neither her nor Leonova has managed to medal at Europeans, even against generally inconsistent skaters like Korpi and Gedevanishvili. Especially Leonova; who often showed great potential during the GP circuit the past couple of seasons. Weird. Russia must really be hoping to come back with vengeance soon.

Banned
    Makarova officially will take the 3rd spot.
    soo sad for Shelepen and I hate to see that horrible LP again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast