Entries | Golden Skate

Entries

Danny852003

Spectator
Why is Estonia sending Gerli Liinamae (SB 140@JGP) instead of Elena Glebova (SB 157@Merano Cup)?? Glebova has had a decent season and is finally hitting her 3Lz in competition.

cassiem

On the Ice
Glebova probably belongs to the Russian minority based on that surname (while Liinamae is almost certainly Estonian). But I have no idea if that played any role. It's possible Glebova is injured.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Glebova probably belongs to the Russian minority based on that surname (while Liinamae is almost certainly Estonian). But I have no idea if that played any role. It's possible Glebova is injured.
? I didnt understand the minority part?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Glebova has a typical Russian name. In Estonia, there would most likely be more ethnic Estonians than ethnic Russians. Hence ethnic Russians would be a minority in Estonia.

Whether the Russians are looked down upon in Estonia by ethnic Estonians, I have no idea.

I think that's what she's talking about.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ Thank you.
I would be really baffled if this had anything to do with not sending her to Worlds, Glebova has been skating for many years and has gone to Worlds 6 times already. Maybe it was time they gave a junior a chance and they see it as future investment.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I always get confused about this--help me out on preliminary round picks and who gets to move forward to SP, then who gets to do FS.
Pairs: 12 direct entries. 11 more entries must do preliminary? How many selected--8 best go on = 20 for SP, then top 16 do FS?
Dance: 15 direct entries. 23 more do prelim? 10 best go on = 25 for SP, then top 20 do FS?
Men: 18 direct entries. 29 more do prelim. 12 go on = 30 for SP, then top 24 do FS?
Ladies: 18 direct entries. 33 more do prelim. same as men 30 total for SP, 24 for FS?

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Why is Estonia sending Gerli Liinamae (SB 140@JGP) instead of Elena Glebova (SB 157@Merano Cup)?? Glebova has had a decent season and is finally hitting her 3Lz in competition.
This weakend there were the test skates in Estonia and Glebova got the place in Worlds from Estonia.

lcd

Match Penalty
Burst out laughing. (BOL?) I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the listing :yay:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
51 entries for ladies. I know 18 get direct entry status but qualifying will still be just grinding. It's one situation when I feel sympathy for the judges.