Cait Yankowskas and Josh Reagan Try Out!! | Golden Skate

Cait Yankowskas and Josh Reagan Try Out!!

ryanbfan

On the Ice
Yesterday I was at the Galleria in Dallas for a Hunger Games Q&A (bad idea on my part). I noticed Joshua Reagan was there with Caitlin Yankowskas, they were both wearing their Team USA jackets and were walking around. Later I saw them practicing off ice lifts. Around 4 PM they began setting up the stage on the ice for the Q&A, and Cait and Josh came out and skated a bit. This is my video and I would really appreciate it if you link it anywhere you credit me. I've already found my video on a few websites with no credit and it bugs me because all I want is a link back to my youtube or a mention of my username, I don't know I may be being anal but I'm big on giving credit where credit is due (and I have since removed the original video and uploaded a "tagged" one)...

ANYWAY

They didn't do much, lots of stroking around and talking with David Kirby (who you can see in the video). They did I think 3 lifts, 3 SBS spins, one spin, 2 spirals with Josh doing a spread eagle, and that's about it. The audio has been muted because me and my friends were talking and some people were asking me questions about who Josh and Cait were, so I decided just to mute it.

http://youtu.be/X_un1_OGBqE

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I do so hope Caitlyn finds a partner for next season!

So while I'm sad about Cain/Reagan breaking up, I would be happy if this tryout works out.

And hoping Ashley finds another partner too.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol I read about this over on FSU the other day (good going ryanbfan). :) But was actually more interested about the "Hunger Games" (can't wait to see it; have read & own all three books). :cool:

Back to Joshua & Caitlyn, imho they look nice together, both blondes, one a ballerina the other a tall jock, not bad. I'm just glad she's got a partner, but until I see them skate together in an actual competition I still feel Ashley Cain and Joshua Reagan were a formidable pair, most importantly they BOTH could do the jumps, and that's very very very hard to find. In fact after seeing their senior debut at 2012 Nationals, I was worried they would overtake my favorite pair, Donlan & Speroff, because they have the jumps and the latter do not. And as everyone knows the jumps are way harder to come by then artistry. And even in that department they weren't bad, pretty good actually.

But that's all in the past, here's to the future, GOOD LUCK JOSHUA & CAITLYN (& ASHLEY)! :thumbsup:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do so hope Caitlyn finds a partner for next season!

So while I'm sad about Cain/Reagan breaking up, I would be happy if this tryout works out.

And hoping Ashley finds another partner too.

Feel the same way. I do wonder if Ashley will now just concentrate on singles. Whatever, wishing them all the best!

This is good, right? This is one of the suggestions we had in the breakup thread, I think--right? I hope this works out for them both.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing the video, ryanbfan! I am excited. Of course it's just a tryout, but they look good together. How great to see Caitlin back on the ice again, even in an informal practice. Every time I watch her, I'm just struck by the grace of her beautiful hands and arms and arched back. Just every movement is so lovely. Such talent. Wow, I hope it works out for her and Josh! He looks great too--my only concern is if he's big enough for her. He's tall but doesn't look as strongly built as Coughlin. I guess their coaches will help them decide that.

emma

Record Breaker
I share the mixed emotions - really hopeful for Caitlyn...really hope it all works out for Ashley. I really did miss seeing Caitlyn skate this year, so again, really hope she finds a partner and that they gel and enjoy competing together!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah it just wasn't right that the best US Ladies Pairs skaters didn't compete last year while obviously inferior Ladies were competing. (I won't name names). :rolleye:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Speaking of ballet in the other thread, sure looks like Caitlin has had loads of it! I love her lines and am so glad she has found a partner. They look great together and their unison is pretty good already. Wish them all the best.

ryanbfan

On the Ice
Lol I read about this over on FSU the other day (good going ryanbfan). :) But was actually more interested about the "Hunger Games" (can't wait to see it; have read & own all three books). :cool:

If you want, you can PM me about it... it was a mess. :\