Do you guys think the Shibutanis will be in the final flight at worlds for the FD? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Do you guys think the Shibutanis will be in the final flight at worlds for the FD?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yes, I think they will be 5th after the OD, ahead of both Russian teams and the Italians. I could be wrong and they could be 6th or 7th though.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
If they're in 5th, they won't make the final flight, because in events where there are two or more competitors (pairs/dance), only four are allowed per flight. This is done for the safety of the skaters. Imagine having five dance teams. That's ten skaters.

samba

On the Ice
I think P/B have got worse since they moved to Detroit. If judges are fair, they should not be top 5.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If they're in 5th, they won't make the final flight, because in events where there are two or more competitors (pairs/dance), only four are allowed per flight. This is done for the safety of the skaters. Imagine having five dance teams. That's ten skaters.

The final flight was five pairs last year. I don't see any indication they changed from that...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Nope, that's for PAIRS. The max is FIVE couples for DANCE, four for Pairs.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
I would agree to a certain extent Samba the french were better under Zhulin not crazy about either of their programs and Fabian`s expression is a weakness this year.

samba

On the Ice
To be fair,if no politics, W/P should beat P/B. However, I don't think they would allow too many north American teams on the top 5. I really hope C/L do well, and make it top 5 to keep the Europeans alive.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
To be fair,if no politics, W/P should beat P/B. However, I don't think they would allow too many north American teams on the top 5. I really hope C/L do well, and make it top 5 to keep the Europeans alive.

In that case it will be the Shibutanis getting the shaft out of the top 5 (and thus not making the final flight) rather than W&P. W&P will be fighting for the bronze with P&B but probably not get it unless P&B make a significant enough mistake.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
I agree Samba it should be interesting we all know french crowds can get raucous they will cause a stir if the judges don`t put them on the podium.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Not out of a question they make a significant mistake this isn`t a team thats known to perform well in the biggest competition under pressure they did not respond well when W&P put the pressure on them at the gp final in the FD.