Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wagner, Zhang, and Gold Olympic team in 2014

Banned

Wagner, Zhang, and Gold Olympic team in 2014

I hope that Wagner, Zhang, and Gold is the U.S Olympic team for 2014. I think that would be an amazing team and give the U.S its best shot to sneak out of a medal from one of three.

Banned
    It's way too early. One year or even 6-month is life time for female skaters.

I doubt zhang has much chance. She has improved a lot, jumping wise. However, her skating skills are still poor and she's very slow. She can't do complex programs with transitions. There are a lot of youngsters coming up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    It's way too early. One year or even 6-month is life time for female skaters.

I doubt zhang has much chance. She has improved a lot, jumping wise. However, her skating skills are still poor and she's very slow. She can't do complex programs with transitions. There are a lot of youngsters coming up.
    Gold is the only U.S youngster that has impressed me as of yet. We will see what happens but I see Zhang as ultra determined to keep improving. I dont think she is the sure bet for Sochi that Wagner and Gold are, but if she continues to improve she could be the favorite for the 3rd spot.

Banned
    Nobody is a lock for anything two years before Olys. Gold has not even competed at senior level yet. Most of your 'analysis' is just laughable. You can hype up or downgrade a skater to nth degree based on a single competition. There's absolutely no logic behind your reasoning.Well, I guess maybe the sole sole purpose of your 'analysis' is just to raise eyebrows or to entertain. This is my last word for this topic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    Nobody is a lock for anything two years before Olys. Gold has not even competed at senior level yet. Most of your 'analysis' is just laughable.
    Says the person who refers to death spirals as dead spirals. Trust me, how you rate my analysis is of no concern to me whatsoever. Only what intelligent people might think of my analysis might I concern myself with.

Custom Title
    I also don't see Zhang making the team. She skated great at Nationals and didn't even medal, and everyone who finished ahead of her made multiple errors. Too many factors are out of her control but if she can keep improving anything is possible. A lot of skaters have had one magnificent season (Sokolova comes to mind) and then have trouble replicating the results. I'm very excited to see what she brings to the table next year but it would take a lot to get ahead of Ashley, Alissa, Gracie, and Agnes (and she would need to beat 2 or 3 of them to make the team).

Banned
    Anyway , They all mentally tough. I like that.

Custom Title
    Wagner, Gold, Zawadzki

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    Wagner, Gold, Zawadzki
    I would like that as well. I think it should come out of those 4, the 3 you mentioned or Zhang. I dont see Czisny having much of a shot as she is already going downhill. Nagasu doesnt seem to have any motivation left. Gao has alot improvement to be in contention, as do the other current juniors.

Custom Title
    As much as it pains me, I agree on all counts; specially regarding Mirai's lack of motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I would like that as well. I think it should come out of those 4, the 3 you mentioned or Zhang. I dont see Czisny having much of a shot as she is already going downhill. Nagasu doesnt seem to have any motivation left. Gao has alot improvement to be in contention, as do the other current juniors.

Custom Title
    I think another question is which 2 skaters could we send to Worlds next year that would be able to secure 3 spots for the Olympic team. Russia will send (probably) 3 strong skaters, Japan will have 3 strong skaters, plus Kostner, so conceivably those could take the top 7 spots. An 8th and 9th place finish won't get the job done. I could see Ashley and Gracie compete with those 7 but the landscape next year is a lot tougher with the Russian girls becoming age eligible.

Banned
    waay to early,
    still 2 more years and a lot can happen in taht time

Wagner and Zhang ? we'll see by 2014
    so far only Gold is a lock considering she is the only 1 of the three who will for sure podium at the Olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I also don't see Zhang making the team. She skated great at Nationals and didn't even medal, and everyone who finished ahead of her made multiple errors. Too many factors are out of her control but if she can keep improving anything is possible. A lot of skaters have had one magnificent season (Sokolova comes to mind) and then have trouble replicating the results. I'm very excited to see what she brings to the table next year but it would take a lot to get ahead of Ashley, Alissa, Gracie, and Agnes (and she would need to beat 2 or 3 of them to make the team).
    Well if you saw her 4CC freeskate, she already improved, with a 117 score and ahead of Agnes, and certainly far better than Czisny just performed in the Netherlands.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think another question is which 2 skaters could we send to Worlds next year that would be able to secure 3 spots for the Olympic team. Russia will send (probably) 3 strong skaters, Japan will have 3 strong skaters, plus Kostner, so conceivably those could take the top 7 spots. An 8th and 9th place finish won't get the job done. I could see Ashley and Gracie compete with those 7 but the landscape next year is a lot tougher with the Russian girls becoming age eligible.
    The #2 and #3 Japanese, whoever they are, will be easily beatable. Murakami, an old Ando, Suzuki. If the U.S girls are doing well they should be able to beat them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Well if you saw her 4CC freeskate, she already improved, with a 117 score and ahead of Agnes, and certainly far better than Czisny just performed in the Netherlands.
    Well I think a lot of folks are just concerned that the judges wouldn't be willing to give Caroline good PCS. So in a situation where she skates strongly, wouldn't we expect her to still finish behind those with similar or lower TES but a significant PCS advantage?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast