Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

  1. #1
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,973

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

    On account of a hectic schedule, Tuktamysheva and her coaches decided to finish her season after the Youth Olympics and prepare for next season. Here are some videos and articles from some recent exhibitions/performances:-

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 10.3.12

    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Davos Exhibition - 11.2.12

    Davos Ice Gala - 11th Feb 2012 (Liza appears about 7 minutes in)

    Russian Figure Skaters at Davos

    Looking at the videos, looks like Liza is now really focusing on upgrading her artistry in readiness for next season. For somebody who was entering the senior GP for only the first time last Autumn, her presentation, artistry, musicality, etc, was already pretty good. But if she can successfully enhance it even further over the next 4-6 months, to go with her technical ability, then she is going to be difficult to beat. I think it was a very good idea simply to stop after the Youth Olympics and focus on properly preparing for next season. Sotnikova should have done the same. There was no point in going over back old ground by going to world juniors again. Better to look to the future and the first full season in seniors.
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    ^

    that first video
    I can see Tuk Tuk definitely upping her artistry
    she looks fully recharged and rejuvenated from a short time of preparation

    I wish Adelina did the same

  3. #3
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,825
    So does this mean that team Tukh has abandoned the idea of her competing in the World Team Challenge in April?

  4. #4
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So does this mean that team Tukh has abandoned the idea of her competing in the World Team Challenge in April?
    I've not heard anything since this was published: http://ria.ru/figure_skating/20120218/569044556.html. Problem is, she is not age eligible to compete in the event. Hence, I get the impression that the idea may have been dropped. Indeed, I had completely forgotten all about it.
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

    that first video
    I can see Tuk Tuk definitely upping her artistry
    she looks fully recharged and rejuvenated from a short time of preparation

    I wish Adelina did the same
    So Adelinva only has about 7 months to get ready for next year, instead of 8 months that tuk will have? While it is nice to see the drive and focus that Tuk has, I don't see that Adelina will be handicapped.

  6. #6
    Custom Title macy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    558
    one thing i hope she improves for next year is her ice coverage...all her programs are in the middle of the rink.

  7. #7
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,581
    St Peters test skate of Elisaveta on 10 March, I dont know why the rest skaters besides Makarova did skate there but the channel has all of them.

  8. #8
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,825
    ^ What are they testing for?

  9. #9
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ What are they testing for?
    I think it's just another chance to show programs. Except for Makarova, this determines nothing. It is just called Cup of Mishin so some of Mishin's and Moskvina's skaters skated there.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I live near the New Jersey coast
    Posts
    185
    She looks like she could be Johnny Weir's little sister.

  11. #11
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    one thing i hope she improves for next year is her ice coverage...all her programs are in the middle of the rink.
    Definitely. I also wanna see one or two triple axels.

  12. #12
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,608
    While I hope she does not go the triple axel route (I loved seeing them accomplished, but it's so hard and all consuming for a lady to do that every 20 years!) I think she does need to improve on her basic stroking to gain more power and speed, as ice coverage is so important and will really improve every movement. I must say it is hard to believe she is 14 years old. This girl is so special. So elegant and skating so maturely. It isn't hard to envision her Olympic Champion at 16. Plush has called her a "genius." I guess she is really considered the one. I find her mesmerizing.

  13. #13
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    St Peters test skate of Elisaveta on 10 March, I dont know why the rest skaters besides Makarova did skate there but the channel has all of them.
    Here's a report on the Mishin Cup/Makarova test skate from The Examiner. Incorporates links within the article to the various skaters who participated, included Liza's and Ksenia's performances.

  14. #14
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    While I hope she does not go the triple axel route (I loved seeing them accomplished, but it's so hard and all consuming for a lady to do that every 20 years!) I think she does need to improve on her basic stroking to gain more power and speed, as ice coverage is so important and will really improve every movement. I must say it is hard to believe she is 14 years old. This girl is so special. So elegant and skating so maturely. It isn't hard to envision her Olympic Champion at 16. Plush has called her a "genius." I guess she is really considered the one. I find her mesmerizing.
    I agree with you. She has the it factor. I hope she can try some other types of programs though. I wonder if doing a more elegant program would force her to work on her lines. She does a lot of stuff that involves contorting her arms, and I think that it makes her seem less mature (I know she's only 14, but it might help bump up her PCS).

  15. #15
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    While I hope she does not go the triple axel route (I loved seeing them accomplished, but it's so hard and all consuming for a lady to do that every 20 years!) I think she does need to improve on her basic stroking to gain more power and speed, as ice coverage is so important and will really improve every movement. I must say it is hard to believe she is 14 years old. This girl is so special. So elegant and skating so maturely. It isn't hard to envision her Olympic Champion at 16. Plush has called her a "genius." I guess she is really considered the one. I find her mesmerizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I agree with you. She has the it factor. I hope she can try some other types of programs though. I wonder if doing a more elegant program would force her to work on her lines. She does a lot of stuff that involves contorting her arms, and I think that it makes her seem less mature (I know she's only 14, but it might help bump up her PCS).
    Liza turned 15 on the 17th December 2011.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •