Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
yes, it's quite unfortunate but true...doing the haircutter, biellmann, and enough revolutions racks up the levels even though her position is ugly. I believe I might have read her saying that the layback is painful for her? she has very long legs/short torso so it might be harder for her to get the back flexibility...Cynthia Phaneuf also has this problem.

I wonder why she doesn't try leaning sideways instead; its an acceptable layback position under COP. Agafonova starts out with a "lay-side" and its very seamless and much prettier than the typical Russian layback, even if not classic.

yes, she'll still rack +GOE's for better spins ala Julia Lipnitskaya
Tukt and Leonova have the same layback although Liza has a better position and faster revolutions
It is painful for Liza because in an interview she mentioned she is not that flexible
though I do not know if Adelina has a good layback , does she ?

Polina Korobeynikova definitely has the most beautiful layback of all the new Russian Ladies skaters

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

I forgot about Agafonova :)
layback + hyperextended beillmann pearl spin

make that Polina K. Polina A. and Julia

skateluvr

Record Breaker
So, 15 years old. She is still amazing and like plushenko, people cannot take their eyes off her. Her arm movements used to annoy me, but clearly she is working on it. Actually, I have come to feel that Liza is simply so musical that she just expresses herself with her arms how she feels. It is very organic and there is no artifice. Why do ladies all need to have similar arm movements? Must she look North American? Of course Liza must take ballet, and so what if she can't skate to Swan Lake right now. She is a skater, not a prima ballerina. She is very musical. There is a pack of young talent there, but there is something about her that makes me think big star in Russia and the world. Plushenko gets slammed for his arm movements his whole career, but his style is his and no one skates like him. Were we not lucky to witness him and Yagudin, different but both so commanding?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So, 15 years old. She is still amazing and like plushenko, people cannot take their eyes off her. Her arm movements used to annoy me, but clearly she is working on it. Actually, I have come to feel that Liza is simply so musical that she just expresses herself with her arms how she feels. It is very organic and there is no artifice. Why do ladies all need to have similar arm movements? Must she look North American? Of course Liza must take ballet, and so what if she can't skate to Swan Lake right now. She is a skater, not a prima ballerina. She is very musical. There is a pack of young talent there, but there is something about her that makes me think big star in Russia and the world. Plushenko gets slammed for his arm movements his whole career, but his style is his and no one skates like him. Were we not lucky to witness him and Yagudin, different but both so commanding?

It's more about Packaging, I didn't mean she cannot do swan lake maybe in the near future, but Tukt has never done any lyrical or balletic programs unlike Adelina and Julia. its mostly tango and upbeat music which imo, expresses her high spirit when skating on the ice

noidont

Final Flight
Love Liza. She's special. I can watch a perfect ballerina routine ala Alissa Czisny and feel nothing at all, or watching this radiant girl with so much energy that's captivating. She doesn't have the long, lean, ideal princess body type, which is why faster programs suit her better. If she figures out how to move across the ice without slowing down too much, she'll be a great skater.

lcd

Match Penalty
Very keen to see what she comes up with for next season... how and whether her body will 'change' on her in a tricky way (not too concerned) and especially will be watching to see how she handles all the monumental pressures of being... a leading lady in Russia, and no longer the rookie. Love her arms/hands (huge! fingers... long!) almost more than any other aspect of her skating, LOL

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

thank you :)
but what do you mean jump guard ?

Liza wants to get her quadruple jumps ? :eek:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

well, I believe Tukt will be the first lady if she can successfully land
both a quad Toe and quad Salcow in a competition, correct ? :)

I know Miki Ando has done the quad salchow jump

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Tuk Tuk 26 min. talk show interview with one of her coaches Svetlana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9tPRxt1pE&feature=player_embedded

can anyone translate what she is saying ? :)

Wow :eek: could the girl be any prettier? Seriously, she is stunning. She also seems so poised and relaxed. I really like Liza, she is special. She seems like a very happy girl. I hope to see her try 3a in competition next season, her's is a beauty! I wouldn't doubt that she would train and be able to get a quad in the future. She is such a talented jumper and seems so focused and dedicated to her training.

Macassar88

Medalist
It would be amazing if she could come into Sochi with two different quads and a triple axel. However I'd much rather see better spins and ice coverage first as that will bring similar rewards with less risk

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
It would be amazing if she could come into Sochi with two different quads and a triple axel. However I'd much rather see better spins and ice coverage first as that will bring similar rewards with less risk

Even if she mastered just one (a 3A or a quad) she would be in good shape. She might be spreading herself too thin trying to train all 3.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.

Many thanks :)