Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

Mao88

Record Breaker
On account of a hectic schedule, Tuktamysheva and her coaches decided to finish her season after the Youth Olympics and prepare for next season. Here are some videos and articles from some recent exhibitions/performances:-

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 10.3.12

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Davos Exhibition - 11.2.12

Davos Ice Gala - 11th Feb 2012 (Liza appears about 7 minutes in)

Russian Figure Skaters at Davos

Looking at the videos, looks like Liza is now really focusing on upgrading her artistry in readiness for next season. For somebody who was entering the senior GP for only the first time last Autumn, her presentation, artistry, musicality, etc, was already pretty good. But if she can successfully enhance it even further over the next 4-6 months, to go with her technical ability, then she is going to be difficult to beat. I think it was a very good idea simply to stop after the Youth Olympics and focus on properly preparing for next season. Sotnikova should have done the same. There was no point in going over back old ground by going to world juniors again. Better to look to the future and the first full season in seniors.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

that first video
I can see Tuk Tuk definitely upping her artistry :)
she looks fully recharged and rejuvenated from a short time of preparation

I wish Adelina did the same :no:

So does this mean that team Tukh has abandoned the idea of her competing in the World Team Challenge in April?

Mao88

Record Breaker
So does this mean that team Tukh has abandoned the idea of her competing in the World Team Challenge in April?

I've not heard anything since this was published: http://ria.ru/figure_skating/20120218/569044556.html. Problem is, she is not age eligible to compete in the event. Hence, I get the impression that the idea may have been dropped. Indeed, I had completely forgotten all about it.

Last edited:

b-man

Final Flight
^

that first video
I can see Tuk Tuk definitely upping her artistry :)
she looks fully recharged and rejuvenated from a short time of preparation

I wish Adelina did the same :no:

So Adelinva only has about 7 months to get ready for next year, instead of 8 months that tuk will have? While it is nice to see the drive and focus that Tuk has, I don't see that Adelina will be handicapped.

macy

Record Breaker
one thing i hope she improves for next year is her ice coverage...all her programs are in the middle of the rink.

seniorita

Record Breaker
St Peters test skate of Elisaveta on 10 March, I dont know why the rest skaters besides Makarova did skate there but the channel has all of them.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
While I hope she does not go the triple axel route (I loved seeing them accomplished, but it's so hard and all consuming for a lady to do that every 20 years!) I think she does need to improve on her basic stroking to gain more power and speed, as ice coverage is so important and will really improve every movement. I must say it is hard to believe she is 14 years old. This girl is so special. So elegant and skating so maturely. It isn't hard to envision her Olympic Champion at 16. Plush has called her a "genius." I guess she is really considered the one. I find her mesmerizing.

Mao88

Record Breaker
St Peters test skate of Elisaveta on 10 March, I dont know why the rest skaters besides Makarova did skate there but the channel has all of them.

Here's a report on the Mishin Cup/Makarova test skate from The Examiner. Incorporates links within the article to the various skaters who participated, included Liza's and Ksenia's performances.

Macassar88

Medalist
While I hope she does not go the triple axel route (I loved seeing them accomplished, but it's so hard and all consuming for a lady to do that every 20 years!) I think she does need to improve on her basic stroking to gain more power and speed, as ice coverage is so important and will really improve every movement. I must say it is hard to believe she is 14 years old. This girl is so special. So elegant and skating so maturely. It isn't hard to envision her Olympic Champion at 16. Plush has called her a "genius." I guess she is really considered the one. I find her mesmerizing.

I agree with you. She has the it factor. I hope she can try some other types of programs though. I wonder if doing a more elegant program would force her to work on her lines. She does a lot of stuff that involves contorting her arms, and I think that it makes her seem less mature (I know she's only 14, but it might help bump up her PCS).

Mao88

Record Breaker

I agree with you. She has the it factor. I hope she can try some other types of programs though. I wonder if doing a more elegant program would force her to work on her lines. She does a lot of stuff that involves contorting her arms, and I think that it makes her seem less mature (I know she's only 14, but it might help bump up her PCS).

Liza turned 15 on the 17th December 2011.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think Liza's arm movements have improved
she just needs to work on her spins and ice coverage
although I doubt her ugly/ no layback spin can be fixed.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess. She needs to get a little more power, ice coverage and presence on the ice but she is working towards that. I would love to see her work with some different choreographers, take a ballet and acting class perhaps too.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess. She needs to get a little more power, ice coverage and presence on the ice but she is working towards that. I would love to see her work with some different choreographers, take a ballet and acting class perhaps too.

Isn't Stephane Lambiel Tuk's choreographer ? Lambiel chose good choreographies for her
and she is working on both arm and facial expressions. I read a past article that Lisa likes to watch gymnastics because she admits she isn't that flexible but she loves the jumps in figure skating. she fits upbeat and non lyrical programs, I can't imagine liza doing swan lake or any balletic choreographies.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ yes Lambiel did the choreo of her short I think this year and has talked with great words about Liza !Plushy too! I like that the boys in Mishin team take care of her. They all play football together to warm up :cool:

^ What are they testing for?
I didnt know Mishin had a cup, I thought it was a test skate, how cool is to have a Cup event on your birthday?
I remember last year that they did a big show for his 70th birthday, i didnt know they celebrate it annually! :)

Last edited:

Brenda

On the Ice
The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess.

yes, it's quite unfortunate but true...doing the haircutter, biellmann, and enough revolutions racks up the levels even though her position is ugly. I believe I might have read her saying that the layback is painful for her? she has very long legs/short torso so it might be harder for her to get the back flexibility...Cynthia Phaneuf also has this problem.

I wonder why she doesn't try leaning sideways instead; its an acceptable layback position under COP. Agafonova starts out with a "lay-side" and its very seamless and much prettier than the typical Russian layback, even if not classic.