Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

Banned
    I think Liza's arm movements have improved
    she just needs to work on her spins and ice coverage
    although I doubt her ugly/ no layback spin can be fixed.

Custom Title
    The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess. She needs to get a little more power, ice coverage and presence on the ice but she is working towards that. I would love to see her work with some different choreographers, take a ballet and acting class perhaps too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess. She needs to get a little more power, ice coverage and presence on the ice but she is working towards that. I would love to see her work with some different choreographers, take a ballet and acting class perhaps too.
    Isn't Stephane Lambiel Tuk's choreographer ? Lambiel chose good choreographies for her
    and she is working on both arm and facial expressions. I read a past article that Lisa likes to watch gymnastics because she admits she isn't that flexible but she loves the jumps in figure skating. she fits upbeat and non lyrical programs, I can't imagine liza doing swan lake or any balletic choreographies.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^ yes Lambiel did the choreo of her short I think this year and has talked with great words about Liza !Plushy too! I like that the boys in Mishin team take care of her. They all play football together to warm up

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ What are they testing for?
    I didnt know Mishin had a cup, I thought it was a test skate, how cool is to have a Cup event on your birthday?
    I remember last year that they did a big show for his 70th birthday, i didnt know they celebrate it annually!
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    The layback spin isn't everything with the way COP works although she could improve the Goe's I guess.
    yes, it's quite unfortunate but true...doing the haircutter, biellmann, and enough revolutions racks up the levels even though her position is ugly. I believe I might have read her saying that the layback is painful for her? she has very long legs/short torso so it might be harder for her to get the back flexibility...Cynthia Phaneuf also has this problem.

I wonder why she doesn't try leaning sideways instead; its an acceptable layback position under COP. Agafonova starts out with a "lay-side" and its very seamless and much prettier than the typical Russian layback, even if not classic.

^ makarova does a nice one too

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    ^ makarova does a nice one too
    because she learned it in America!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
    yes, it's quite unfortunate but true...doing the haircutter, biellmann, and enough revolutions racks up the levels even though her position is ugly. I believe I might have read her saying that the layback is painful for her? she has very long legs/short torso so it might be harder for her to get the back flexibility...Cynthia Phaneuf also has this problem.

I wonder why she doesn't try leaning sideways instead; its an acceptable layback position under COP. Agafonova starts out with a "lay-side" and its very seamless and much prettier than the typical Russian layback, even if not classic.
    yes, she'll still rack +GOE's for better spins ala Julia Lipnitskaya
    Tukt and Leonova have the same layback although Liza has a better position and faster revolutions
    It is painful for Liza because in an interview she mentioned she is not that flexible
    though I do not know if Adelina has a good layback , does she ?

Polina Korobeynikova definitely has the most beautiful layback of all the new Russian Ladies skaters

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I think agafanova has the best combo spin

Banned
    ^

I forgot about Agafonova
    layback + hyperextended beillmann pearl spin

make that Polina K. Polina A. and Julia

So, 15 years old. She is still amazing and like plushenko, people cannot take their eyes off her. Her arm movements used to annoy me, but clearly she is working on it. Actually, I have come to feel that Liza is simply so musical that she just expresses herself with her arms how she feels. It is very organic and there is no artifice. Why do ladies all need to have similar arm movements? Must she look North American? Of course Liza must take ballet, and so what if she can't skate to Swan Lake right now. She is a skater, not a prima ballerina. She is very musical. There is a pack of young talent there, but there is something about her that makes me think big star in Russia and the world. Plushenko gets slammed for his arm movements his whole career, but his style is his and no one skates like him. Were we not lucky to witness him and Yagudin, different but both so commanding?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    So, 15 years old. She is still amazing and like plushenko, people cannot take their eyes off her. Her arm movements used to annoy me, but clearly she is working on it. Actually, I have come to feel that Liza is simply so musical that she just expresses herself with her arms how she feels. It is very organic and there is no artifice. Why do ladies all need to have similar arm movements? Must she look North American? Of course Liza must take ballet, and so what if she can't skate to Swan Lake right now. She is a skater, not a prima ballerina. She is very musical. There is a pack of young talent there, but there is something about her that makes me think big star in Russia and the world. Plushenko gets slammed for his arm movements his whole career, but his style is his and no one skates like him. Were we not lucky to witness him and Yagudin, different but both so commanding?
    It's more about Packaging, I didn't mean she cannot do swan lake maybe in the near future, but Tukt has never done any lyrical or balletic programs unlike Adelina and Julia. its mostly tango and upbeat music which imo, expresses her high spirit when skating on the ice

Custom Title
    Love Liza. She's special. I can watch a perfect ballerina routine ala Alissa Czisny and feel nothing at all, or watching this radiant girl with so much energy that's captivating. She doesn't have the long, lean, ideal princess body type, which is why faster programs suit her better. If she figures out how to move across the ice without slowing down too much, she'll be a great skater.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I think agafanova has the best combo spin
    Wow, would you say this is like the pearl of Caroline Zhang? I'd love to see a split screen side by side. The Polinas are all amazing!

Custom Title
    Very keen to see what she comes up with for next season... how and whether her body will 'change' on her in a tricky way (not too concerned) and especially will be watching to see how she handles all the monumental pressures of being... a leading lady in Russia, and no longer the rookie. Love her arms/hands (huge! fingers... long!) almost more than any other aspect of her skating, LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast