Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

  1. #31
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    Tuk Tuk 26 min. talk show interview with one of her coaches Svetlana

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9tP...layer_embedded

    can anyone translate what she is saying ?

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Tuk Tuk 26 min. talk show interview with one of her coaches Svetlana

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9tP...layer_embedded

    can anyone translate what she is saying ?
    Thanks for the link to the video sky_fly20.

    Is anybody able to translate what is being said?

  3. #33
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
    In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
    Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
    In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
    She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.

  4. #34
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    ^

    thank you
    but what do you mean jump guard ?

    Liza wants to get her quadruple jumps ?

  5. #35
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

    thank you
    but what do you mean jump guard ?

    Liza wants to get her quadruple jumps ?
    Yes,she wants and trains it.

  6. #36
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    ^

    well, I believe Tukt will be the first lady if she can successfully land
    both a quad Toe and quad Salcow in a competition, correct ?

    I know Miki Ando has done the quad salchow jump

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Tuk Tuk 26 min. talk show interview with one of her coaches Svetlana

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9tP...layer_embedded

    can anyone translate what she is saying ?
    Wow could the girl be any prettier? Seriously, she is stunning. She also seems so poised and relaxed. I really like Liza, she is special. She seems like a very happy girl. I hope to see her try 3a in competition next season, her's is a beauty! I wouldn't doubt that she would train and be able to get a quad in the future. She is such a talented jumper and seems so focused and dedicated to her training.

  8. #38
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    893
    It would be amazing if she could come into Sochi with two different quads and a triple axel. However I'd much rather see better spins and ice coverage first as that will bring similar rewards with less risk

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    It would be amazing if she could come into Sochi with two different quads and a triple axel. However I'd much rather see better spins and ice coverage first as that will bring similar rewards with less risk
    Even if she mastered just one (a 3A or a quad) she would be in good shape. She might be spreading herself too thin trying to train all 3.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyvalley View Post
    Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
    In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
    Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
    In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
    She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.
    Many thanks

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

    well, I believe Tukt will be the first lady if she can successfully land
    both a quad Toe and quad Salcow in a competition, correct ?

    I know Miki Ando has done the quad salchow jump
    This kind of delusional talk from her fans or herself is just ... We've been hearing her 3a talk for a long time but still no show.
    There is absolutely NO way she can do a ratified quad or 3a based on the height of her jumps.

  12. #42
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,899
    Quote Originally Posted by skateflower View Post
    This kind of delusional talk from her fans or herself is just ... We've been hearing her 3a talk for a long time but still no show.
    There is absolutely NO way she can do a ratified quad or 3a based on the height of her jumps.
    right, because her jumps are low especially her 2A
    the way she starts her jump at an axel technique is fine, if she can land a 3a in practice then why not in a competition ?
    I do think she will attempt it already by next season, even Mishin has stated this in his recent interviews
    not sure about a quad maybe in the near future
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-25-2012 at 02:42 AM.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyvalley View Post
    Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
    In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
    Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
    In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
    She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.
    Ah interesting to get this verified, I can definitely seeing it in the way she instinctually expresses the music, try to bring her own touch and interpretation to the music that is beyond the choreography, or even at the expense of a rather lazily choreographed program. This will only improve with time. She does have a very good sense of rhythm as well.

    Liza is my fav ingénue from the ladies this year (Hanyu for the men) for her musicality and interpretation which are mature beyond her years though still have a long way to go before she catches up with the greats like Yuna Kim. I prefer her to Julia right now, although I think Julia has better mileage and sporting goods to surpassing everyone and likely reign as the world no.1 for many years, that and a very strong contender for the Olympic champion at Sochi.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,495
    Ice is slippery. She definitely has huge potential. She still needs oomph - amplitude on her ice coverage, height and power and flow out on the jumps and crisper spins.

  15. #45
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Even if she mastered just one (a 3A or a quad) she would be in good shape. She might be spreading herself too thin trying to train all 3.
    Well, she has two years of competition basically until Sochi, so I'd love to see her try. And she's improved so much since last year that I think that she has a shot of at least getting in a triple axel and maybe a quad salchow (I don't think she should go for the toe as she already does two triple toes, and, should something bad happen on a quad toe, she'd have to alter the rest of her program)
    That said, I don't think that Mishin will force her to go overboard on jumps. He knows that the ultimate goal is Sochi, and I don't think he'll try to get her to do too much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •