Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva prepares for next season

skateflower

Match Penalty
^

well, I believe Tukt will be the first lady if she can successfully land
both a quad Toe and quad Salcow in a competition, correct ? :)

I know Miki Ando has done the quad salchow jump

This kind of delusional talk from her fans or herself is just ... We've been hearing her 3a talk for a long time but still no show.
There is absolutely NO way she can do a ratified quad or 3a based on the height of her jumps.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This kind of delusional talk from her fans or herself is just ... We've been hearing her 3a talk for a long time but still no show.
There is absolutely NO way she can do a ratified quad or 3a based on the height of her jumps.

right, because her jumps are low especially her 2A
the way she starts her jump at an axel technique is fine, if she can land a 3a in practice then why not in a competition ?
I do think she will attempt it already by next season, even Mishin has stated this in his recent interviews
not sure about a quad maybe in the near future

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Тhe most interesting for me - Liza is sure that she`ll jump guard. She tried already.
In the future she wants to be the sport psychologist.
Now she trains and waits whether ISU will allow her to take part in the World Team Champ.
In the summer she `ll train with Mishin`s group in Spain,Italy and Estonia. In Mishin`s plans for her there is no any vacations.
She likes to dance very much. If she wouldn`t be the skater she would become the dancer.

Ah interesting to get this verified, I can definitely seeing it in the way she instinctually expresses the music, try to bring her own touch and interpretation to the music that is beyond the choreography, or even at the expense of a rather lazily choreographed program. This will only improve with time. She does have a very good sense of rhythm as well.

Liza is my fav ingénue from the ladies this year (Hanyu for the men) for her musicality and interpretation which are mature beyond her years though still have a long way to go before she catches up with the greats like Yuna Kim. I prefer her to Julia right now, although I think Julia has better mileage and sporting goods to surpassing everyone and likely reign as the world no.1 for many years, that and a very strong contender for the Olympic champion at Sochi.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ice is slippery. She definitely has huge potential. She still needs oomph - amplitude on her ice coverage, height and power and flow out on the jumps and crisper spins.

Macassar88

Medalist
Even if she mastered just one (a 3A or a quad) she would be in good shape. She might be spreading herself too thin trying to train all 3.

Well, she has two years of competition basically until Sochi, so I'd love to see her try. And she's improved so much since last year that I think that she has a shot of at least getting in a triple axel and maybe a quad salchow (I don't think she should go for the toe as she already does two triple toes, and, should something bad happen on a quad toe, she'd have to alter the rest of her program)
That said, I don't think that Mishin will force her to go overboard on jumps. He knows that the ultimate goal is Sochi, and I don't think he'll try to get her to do too much.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ice is slippery. She definitely has huge potential. She still needs oomph - amplitude on her ice coverage, height and power and flow out on the jumps and crisper spins.

It has been said many times and she knows
that her weakness is ice covergae and her spins and is working on it

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The last thing these girls need to start doing is quads. I can see someone like Gracie going for the 3axel in the future if it's possible but trying to perfect a quad seems foolish and risks injury.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ after Youth Olys she talked about her ice coverage and spins herself. And like Gold talking, sometimes fans dont let these girls grow and show results at their own pace..
Because you had seen a video 2-3 years ago of her doing a 3axel, it doesnt mean she was obliged to put one on her senior debut year because you are tired of hearing about it, she is just 15, and by the way it is the boards that are discussing her 3axel, I rarely heard talk about it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Haven't bothered to read the reports yet, but just wanted to say that I hope to see her 3axel next season, and hoping beyond hope that she's done growing up & out. ;) :biggrin:

Seriously, how much better can it get than to see Mao finally have some competition when it comes to the 3axel. :cool:

ps: and I'm hoping GG eventually masters this jump as well, but for now will be happy to just see her continue to skate clean, and up her PCS next year. :)^)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I find Liza T's performances on the ice refreshing. She really looks like she enjoys herself when she performs and she always has a lot of energy and plays to the music and audience. I definitely appreciate that level of performance.

However, I can't really say I'm a fan of her skating. I agree about the ice coverage problem; she skates on one side of the rink and that's not good. And of course the majority of her spins are very weak...but this is stuff she knows so, hopefully, we'll see those problems addressed next season. I also hope she works on her jump distribution in her programs. In the LP especially, she opens with four jumping passes, back-to-back-to-back-to-back, all before the 2:00 mark and usually all of the hard jumps are in that cluster. I notice the majority of the Russian newbies do this; this leaves the program very lopsided, not to mention they leave a lot of bonus points on the table. I'd love to see more evenly distributed jump content from her as well.

I'm not a fan of her lines either. Her shoulders are always high and it gives her a hunched and rounded appearance so I'd love to see her improve upon that as well. I'm more partial to more traditional styles of skating which is why I'm not too much a fan of her musical selections; but that's her personality on the ice and I can accept that.

My favorite Russian newbie is Adelina Sotnikova but Liza T is my second pick; I'll give Julia a few years before I jump on her bandwagon. But those are just three in a rather deep pool of Russian ladies who are Soichi material. I can't wait for next season when both Liza T and Adelina are eligible for worlds. I think they'll shake up the standings quite a bit...