Thread: 2012 Challenge Cup

^ I think it's the same.

U.S. Nationals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pESb2qs3-Q

Challenge Cup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF_hOWljg9A

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ I think it's the same.

U.S. Nationals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pESb2qs3-Q

Challenge Cup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF_hOWljg9A
    It seems like she has three layers in her skirt at the Challenge Cup when she only had one at nationals.

Custom Title
    It makes the white "undie" look less pronounced. Tho I wonder why they just didn't use a skin tone panty in the costume rather than a white one.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    It makes the white "undie" look less pronounced. Tho I wonder why they just didn't use a skin tone panty in the costume rather than a white one.
    'cause then she'd look like she had nothing on under the dress, and that'd only be worse (as a general public consensus, I think...).

Costume issues aside, I wish Alissa the very best at Worlds and hope that the Challenge Cup was the event where she got the negatives out of her system!

It does look better with more layers- she doesn't look as exposed. However, a solution to that could be to make a non see through white skirt from the very beginning... Not that it matters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I saw someone compete with nude colored pants under their dress this weekend. No, that is not a good look. The skater looked like she had NOTHING on but tights. Ew.

I think the three ruffles is cute and it shows how thin she is that is looks great, like Suzuki, and Sasha, costumes help add some fullness. The first rendition made me think of the always sexy Butyrskaya. It is obviously intentional. Alissa is stunning-they will use sex appeal to blind the judges to her jumps, lol. Too bad Chan can get sexy. Ok, just kidding Chanadians. Patrick might be sexy to certain people. His costumes don't add much though.

Down With It
    Alissa is stunning-they will use sex appeal to blind the judges to her jumps, lol.
    what sex appeal? She has NONE! zero! she's as vanilla as one can get

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I think the three ruffles is cute and it shows how thin she is that is looks great, like Suzuki, and Sasha, costumes help add some fullness. The first rendition made me think of the always sexy Butyrskaya. It is obviously intentional. Alissa is stunning-they will use sex appeal to blind the judges to her jumps, lol. Too bad Chan can get sexy. Ok, just kidding Chanadians. Patrick might be sexy to certain people. His costumes don't add much though.
    Chan and Czisny both look about 16. I don't think of sex appeal when I think of either of them. They are both good looking individuals, but sexy? I don't see it. So much of sex appeal has to do with attitude anyways, and neither of them, ESPECIALLY Alissa who's so shy and quiet has the right attitude. When I think sex appeal I think Madison Hubbell.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Poor Alissa. No jumps, no sex appeal... she's going to fade away until all that is left is that huge smile (like the Cheshire cat).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Chan and Czisny both look about 16.
    Chan looks like he's 16? Have you seen his face? His smile is so big that it leaves permanent wrinkles on his face...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Well, actually, there you might be right or wrong. You see, when you've got a wholesome sweet girl that doesn't try to be sexy, there is a certain charm to that.... and that charm in itself could be perceived by some as sexy. I am sorry if this is twisted logic, but hear me out, for some that kind of logic may just carry the day.

Men like innocence-I was demure once, too. Demure is sexy to many men. I Think Alissa could charm the skates off anyone she wanted. And the white dress is sexy.,"OOPS, did you see that fall or are you thinkking I'm wearing lingerie." Boop boop be doop. Bet the costume was Jason's idea. Wink Wink.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    Well, actually, there you might be right or wrong. You see, when you've got a wholesome sweet girl that doesn't try to be sexy, there is a certain charm to that.... and that charm in itself could be perceived by some as sexy. I am sorry if this is twisted logic, but hear me out, for some that kind of logic may just carry the day.
    Keep in mind this is my point of view. I don't claim to speak for all straight men, but it's my personal opinion.

I get where you're going though. Personally, I think you can have the looks but lack (true) sex appeal. For the longest time I had Kiira Korpi in that category, for example.

To me, one of the key attributes of sex appeal (besides good looks, of course) is CONFIDENCE. You have to exude it, know what you've got, and not be afraid to show it off. As I mentioned before, Czisny completely lacks confidence on the ice. Strike one.

I typically don't mention or talk about costumes, but it's relevant here- she has a more conservative style. Nothing wrong with that (in many ways, it's a good thing actually), but in terms of SA, that's strike two.

Czisny's persona- she has chosen to take the route of putting herself forth as this wholesome, sweet, all smiles girl with no flaws (remember the Adam Rippon segment at Nationals? *cringe* ) This "wholesome" image just isn't helping mind-wise. Strike three. She's out!

_____

To be fair to Czisny though, vast majority of today's singles skaters lack it too (for different reasons- too young, too shy, haven't got it, etc).
    Last edited by R.D.; 03-20-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Custom Title
    Ouch reading this thread shows what at tough spot it is to be at top when you fail to deliver a gold if you are coming from the USA. It happened to Rachel, it happened to Alissa, and I bet it happened to Sasha too. Does Evan or Jeremy have the sex appeal? Is it required in this sport? Hmm... i don't know the answer. Does Carolina have sex appeal? Is that why she get the marks? *Raise an eye brow* What about Mao and Akiko? *eye brows doing a dance*

Sex appeal means different things in different cultures to different genders anyway. Too much confidence shown by women in Asian culture could be off putting for example. One of the greatest icon to female worldwide is Audrey Hepburn, someone Alissa seems to resonate, does she have sex appeal? Is it needed to be appreciated? I don't think there had been any Angelina Jolie competing in the past, although the closest to it is probably Katerina Witt who oozes sex appeal so that can work too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast