2012 Challenge Cup | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 Challenge Cup

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ Or you could look at it this way. If Alissa can get 14th at Worlds when she messes up every one of her jumps, think what she can score if she hits some of them!

I suppose that's the "glass half-full" way of looking at it...

Still, it is putting more and more pressure on Wagner to be at or better than she was at 4CC.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I might be the only one have faith in Alissa. She might have bummed out at this particular competition, but surely that will make her even more determined at worlds. Pundits tends to ever only based their predictions on the results of past; my view is you can't put really predict someone's future without taking account of the intangibles like self determination, intellect, smarts, drive, personal circumstance and their ability to make the most of what they got at the most critical competitions, where are as much as a test of character, luck as well as their sporting abilities.

Alissa has shown she can come back and put out her best when it mattered last year, and her emotional vulnerability and availability are actually qualities I found appealing from her as a skater (Even though this program is surely bit of a doozy, but she really doesn't deserve half of the criticism thrown at her as much as half the praises that goes out to the inflated Kostner when they pretty much have adapted the same strategy to win, except obviously the jump aspect failed her at this competition).

Maybe people should give her a chance before reaching any conclusions. She earned her spot and arguably had her spot unfairly taken from her at 4CCs. I'd love her to do well along with Jeremy for the US, though Ashley for me is looking very good right now with my favourite FS program from the ladies this season. Men's competition is going to be really exciting and hopefully result is not predictable, with Joubert competing in probably his last, and I'd just love Hanyu (in his senior debut season, one of my top 3 fav FS program, the other being Daisuke and Jeremy) making the podium with Daisuke. Though Patrick sure is another shoo in for the gold, the only difference is how many falls this time and how much more improvement he can show in his expressions which are getting better all the time. Will he finally convince me he is a skater I can grow to really like and eventually become a fan? That is the debatable question :)

Last edited: