Thread: Weird redirect notice

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar

Weird redirect notice

Since this weekend, I've noticed that when I click on my GoldenSkate link (that shows up on my Chrome New Tab pages since it's a most visited site), the first time I click, I get a weird redirect to some sort of "link invalid" type page. I've tried to copy what it says on that page, but it flashes to a blank page almost immediately. But then if I hit the back button to go back to the New Tab page and try again, it works fine.

Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any idea what it may be? I'm running a virus scan just in case it's my computer, but I haven't gotten any alerts lately.

Strange. It could be because of the "enforced" login for peak skating season. I will try to duplicate the problem. Not a user of Chrome, so if you could tell me how you get the link that you click on to appear, that would be helpful?

When you open a new tab in Google Chrome, the new tab has thumbnails or your most visited (or preferred) sites. I just click on the GS one, which just links to the regular www.goldenskate.com/forum page. I checked the link to make sure it hadn't gotten messed up, but it still is the correct actual web address. I'll try to get a screenshot of the error screen if I can.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If you still have Internet Explorer on your computer, please try the link and see whether the same thing happens? That would rule out whether it is your computer or something about Google Chrome?

(I'm not a Chrome user either. I do sometimes use Foxfire, and sometimes IE.)

It doesn't happen in IE, but now it's not happening in Chrome either. Of course it goes back to normal when I try to get a screenshot.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Chrome has some issues with vbulletin, as vb did not originally support webkit browsers.

http://groups.google.com/a/googlepro...lp/E9OS9mS6yc8

At least some other forums are having problems

http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/in.../t-10892.html?

Not sure you will be able to see this image, but did it look something like this?
    Attachment 12