Tea With Kurt | Golden Skate

Tea With Kurt

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Love Kurt Browning and good teas. Can't stand Red Rose. Hate tea in a styrofoam cup.

But it's a different angle - share the warm. However, Share The Warmth is a well known charity in Montreal.

BTW, Kurt, as well as Jeff, are confirmed performers for Artistry On Ice in China. Kurt really enjoyed his participation in Yuna's show in Korea last summer. Patrick has not been announced yet though he was there last year.

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
I think it's a brand name of regular tea, not with any particular flavor.

Cute ad! Thanks for the link. It's great to see a skater (especially one as wonderful as Kurt) getting an ad with such wide play. I'm assuming it will air nationally.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's a brand, like Salada or Lipton. It's available in the states, as well as in Canada. For whatever reason, in the large box, they put a tiny china figurine. The last two years, it's been figurines representative of the month; a snowman for January, a cupid for February, a leprechaun for March, a bunny for April & so forth.

Thanks Ladskater. Sorry, what is Red Rose Tea? (Don't remember seeing Red Rose on the tea shelves in the southern hemisphere). Is Red Rose just a brand or some kind of tea with rose taste?

Do you have Brooke Bond Tea? Brooke Bond owned the Red Rose brand in Canada and the U.S. for many years before they spun it off.

I just looked it up. The Brooke Bond Tea Company was started by Arthur Brooke in 1869 in Manchester. There was no Mr. Bond, Brooke just liked the sound of it, although he liked his tea stirred, not shaken.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Years ago, the main TV motto from Red Rose was (something like) "Only in Canada? Pity." uttered by the disappointed Queen of England. (I hate to consider her Queen of Canada.)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I dunno-the Red Rose tea ad I remember best had dancing chimps with Red Rose Tea, Red Rose Tea, Red Rose Tea going over and over in the background. (appearing to be sung by one of the chimps.) I have bought Red Rose Tea in the US since the 1970's. (Granted, in the 1970's, that was in northern Vermont, but these days, I can attest that I could find it in Florida, NY, CT, and TX.)

The 1960's chimps ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-918OMwCx6w

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Years ago, the main TV motto from Red Rose was (something like) "Only in Canada? Pity." uttered by the disappointed Queen of England. (I hate to consider her Queen of Canada.)
:laugh: That was and still is a 'hot' issue here. "Republicans versus monarchists" debate. HRH is still the Queen of Oz. :biggrin:

Mathman said:
Do you have Brooke Bond Tea? Brooke Bond owned the Red Rose brand in Canada and the U.S. for many years before they spun it off.
Nope, does not sound familiar and don't remember seeing this name on the shelves though I may have missed it? Or they may be sold in special tea shops? Popular brands here include Twinings, Madura and Lipton.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
All you PChiddy fans are not upset? The current world champion can't get the tea ad? Hmmm....Pat could use the money, and Kurt is quite well off. I think Patrick is going to be miffed. ;)

lcd

Match Penalty
Hardly. I think it is ironically a great match of 'vintage' champion with arguably a 'vintage classy' drink. Maybe Patrick could do one for "Iced Tea!" That would be young and more fun. I'm with Doris. Just glad to see someone in the skating world get a foot in the door into a broader realm... and can't think of a better representative from the skating world for literally any product, other than Kurt (or possibly Kristi).

I'll take Kurt and Tea ... any day.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
All you PChiddy fans are not upset? The current world champion can't get the tea ad? Hmmm....Pat could use the money, and Kurt is quite well off. I think Patrick is going to be miffed. ;)

I celebrate every one doing well. Wealth is creative and self generating. Just because Kurt has it - fame, wealth, success, whatever you wish for yourself - does not mean someone else can't have it. He doesn't take it from Patrick. Au contraire, his doing well should be motivating and his new money will flow in the economy and help it grow. The competitive wealth mindset is what creates a poor society. Witness USA turning from being the nation of creative wealth, its innovations and inventions raising the standard of living world wide and itself rightfully the wealthiest, to a nation of competitive wealth, taking from others in order to have something for yourself, individually or collectively.

Cheers for Kurt for landing another source of income and public profile! :clap: May other skaters and all decent people have their opportunities as well.