Thread: Reference Section in the Lutz Corner

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Reference Section in the Lutz Corner

In the Lutz Corner, there is a new References section.

Sometimes we have a thread that has a lot of generally useful information in it. Two are the long Ice Dance PCS thread, (self explanatory) and the World Jr Synchro thread, which included a tutorial by Precision on how to read Sychro protocols. I've copied those threads into the references folder. However, there have been a number of really useful threads here at GS, but my head is too much of a sieve to remember them all.

So this thread is for two purposes:

1. Tell me what threads deserve a copy in the References
    2. Request threads destined for the Reference section.

Thanks for your help!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Fabulous addition to the forum. Thank you!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    In answer to the q re: other threads that should be copied here ... there have been so many I wouldn't know where to begin. Experts, please select some of your info-packed posts or threads and nominate yourselves! Blades, jcoates, MM, the encyclopedic gkelly, and others, I'm talking to you! There are others by you too, Doris. This would be a big service to the non-skating, non-experts here.

Suggestion: consider selecting out portions of threads... i.e. single posts... that are especially informative. Although often clarity emerges through the dialogues on this forum.

Yes, I think so too!

You don't have to find the thread-if you can more or less describe it, I can find it.

Custom Title
    Where do you think this old ISU Ice Dance Lesson demostrated by Usova and Zhulin video should go?

I can't find this on Youtube but it is one of a bunch of educational figure skating videos on Toduo including a series of Chen Lu's skating lessons to little Chinese kids. Lulu looks beautiful.

That's a lovely film of Usova & Zhulin.

Yes, it would be good if there were links to it and other youtube videos in reference.

Would you like to start a thread for them, please?

Custom Title
    Thanks so much, Doris and you other experts! This will be a great reference source.

Custom Title
    Doris, I already have a thread with helpful videos of educational value, http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ing&highlight=, maybe you can move and rename it and people can add to the collection.

Actually I had a couple of other such threads before it but they got archived. It would be nice to have an ongoing one to add more videos to.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 03-25-2012 at 08:06 PM.

SF, I copied your posts to a new thread in reference.

Thank you.

I just added threads on the seasons 2010/2011 SD and 2011/2012 SD technical content.

Custom Title
    Doris...this is a great idea, thanks so much for doing this!

Custom Title
    Thanks so much, Doris! This is a great way to gather information. So many good, educational posts and threads here on GS that I hardly know which to recommend for it. I think most gkelly's posts are great for reference! Also, I think that the compilations in numerous threads by Skate Figuring and several others are great for references.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Thanks so much, Doris! This is a great way to gather information. So many good, educational posts and threads here on GS that I hardly know which to recommend for it. I think most gkelly's posts are great for reference! Also, I think that the compilations in numerous threads by Skate Figuring and several others are great for references.