Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat & Bourzat news

Pechalat & Bourzat news

According to their facebook, Pechalat & Bourzat may not take part of Worlds. Nathalie seriously hurt herself during practice. Her nose is broken and thursday she'll undergo surgery.
    After surgery she will try to return to practice as soon as possible.

I hope she recovers well. It would be a shame if they couldn't compete in worlds especcially because the competition takes place at their home country.

Get well soon Nathalie!
    Last edited by mikiandorocks; 03-14-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Oh no That is so unfortunate. I did so hope they could win a medal in Nice this year.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Oh, that looks bad. I hope she is well and isnt hurt anywhere else and will compete in Nice. Thats so bad luck .

Custom Title
    That's terrible news :( I really hope she recovers in time but even if she does, they will have missed a lot of crucial practice time leading up to worlds. They just don't seem to be lucky with Worlds, do they ... Get well soon, Nathalie!!!

Custom Title
    NOoooooo... ( ;_ ; )

I did so want Nathalie and Fabian to finally win a World medal in Moscow, after waiting their turn year after year.
    I do SO want Nathalie and Fabian to FINALLY win a World medal in NICE in front of huge home crowd...

Get well soon, Nathalie...(sobs)...

Gosh what bad luck, right before Worlds. I am not a doctor and don't know the severity of her nose injury, but
    I know other folks who broke their nose (of course they were not elite skaters) and were back to work in a few days,
    black and blue but ok. I hope this is the case for Nathalie.

Custom Title
    Broken nose itself would not affect her skating - witness Eric Radford. But the effect of surgery will. Her body has to endure and recover from further assault as well as drugs administered. I hope there is enough time for her to sufficiently recover and train before Worlds.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    That's pretty ghastly for them. They say it's a bad break ..but how do we know what that means...

I can imagine , though, that there could be some pretty excruciating pressure in some of the positions they take. And of course it might be pretty easy to re-injure , so close to the first injury...

Banned
    terrible, shame as it would have been the perfect Worlds Championships to medal at the podium
    they are at their peak and will be held in Nice

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    One thing: at least in the FD, (Pharoah & Mummy), any bandages they choose to use will fit right with the theme of the dance.

Custom Title
    Thanks Doris for the positive spin. This was to be P and B's year to podium and realistically it looked kind of downhill from here so let's hope they can get their bronze. If not the Shibutani's could be on the podium again (or heck Weaver and Poje P and B's stablemates could steal a bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    One thing: at least in the FD, (Pharoah & Mummy), any bandages they choose to use will fit right with the theme of the dance.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh, doris..You're much braver than me. That was my first thought ,after the initial shock ( a little gallows humour helps to stave off depression )..but I was too chicken to say it.

Poor Nathalie ...

Banned
    Bummer for them from what i understand if there is surgery involved like in this case doctors advise not to resume sports before 4 to 6 weeks i don`t know if this is true or not i imagine it would be very difficult to practice lifts.

Very tough break for them. I hope Nathalie recovers in time for Worlds.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast