Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pechalat & Bourzat news

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Well it is getting rather late in the game for them to be replaced. I would love to know what is going on in their minds. Yes, we know anyone wants to compete at world's but i wouldlove to know if they think this is their year being in France for a medal and do they see and or believe the teams behind them like W and P, the Shibs, I and C from Italy and 2 or 3 of the Russians passing them. They will never say it; but do they see what many see or fear? Tough to be an athlete. good for Natalie if she can skate but if it is dangerous orunlikely I think they should be crtiicized or rather they might be like Rachel flatt. But I do understand their desire for a medal.

Should be criticized ?? By whom? You must be kidding. The French federation has nobody anywhwere close to their abilities in ice dance at the moment.

Custom Title
    If P/B withdraw, then the only French ice dance team will be Carron/Jones. Last season, C/J placed 12th; two teams above them (Chock / Zuerlein and Crone / Poirier) have since split, and their respective replacements (Hubbell / Donohue and Ralph / Hill) are unlikely to finish as high as their predecessors. Zhiganshina / Gazsi placed 11th at 2011 Worlds, ahead of C/J, but C/J did beat Z/G at 2012 Euros. However, Coomes / Buckland finished way behind C/J at 2011 Worlds but beat C/J at 2012 Euros, and the 3rd Russian team Riazanova / Tkachenko, beat C/J at 2012 Euros as well.

So it's not a sure thing at all that C/J could finish top 10 at 2012 Worlds and hold onto the two spots for 2013.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Nothing is a sure thing, but it's pretty clear C/J will finish 10th at a home-turf Worlds if P/B withdraw.

That article is inaccurate; she didn't have any surgery and it looks like she'll be able to avoid it.

Here's an article (in French) with video - Nathalie looks pretty good, I think.

Custom Title
    I think they can taste it -= world bronze. Sounds good.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I am just so glad that they will be able to compete here! Between Fabian's bronchitis at the beginning of the season, and now Nathalie's injury, they have had such a difficult year, and they have been so brave.

Happy that they will be able to compete. Go Nathalie & Fabian!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4