Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat & Bourzat news

Custom Title
    This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....
    Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes, I think that if there is a non-North American team on the podium, that team will be B &S.

But what I really I hope is that P &B will be able to skate & will win bronze!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.
    Great post - Oh I agree that if P/B don't go to Worlds that W/P have a great chance of getting bronze. I am putting C/L as the darkhorse for the bronze. The judging for the SD this year has been all over the place in terms of the GP series and frankly the PCS scores are a bit of a mystery with the SD and I just think that the judging panel at Worlds may surprise us with the SD placements. Should be a great competition! And lastly I wish Mademoiselle Pechelat a speedy recovery!

Looks like Nathalie won't be having surgery today after all, because it could have unwelcome implications for their training; so she will wait with that and will wear a mask in the meantime (FB update). No decision about Worlds yet.

A hemotoma that goes up over her eye, ouch.

I will make one prediction. If they go to Worlds and skate passably well, they will medal. Between being 1. good 2. the home team and 3. injured, they will get a lot of love from the judges if they can make it. I hope she'll feel up to it.

^^^^ita

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Ouch if she competes with a broken nose, I feel pain even thinking about it, she is rteally brave, implications on the training means also the drugs she would use besides the surgery?

Banned
    They should not get a gift medal if they don`t skate well lets not make a joke out of the sport.

Banned
    I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
    IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
    they just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium.
    that is very unlikely
    I think Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
    IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
    hey just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

that is very unlikely
    I would bet on Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev
    I wish that were the case but international judges do put B/S above I/K currently. So sad.

Banned
    ^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev
    B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
    If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal

The problem with I&K is that they don't skate clean programs. And they showed a truly inadequate rhumba pattern section in their SD at events so far this year. They were 7th at Europeans in the SD. For reference, Coomes & Buckland of GBR were 4th. Bobrova & Soloviev were 1st.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev
    B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
    If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal
    It would be great if they did score higher.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the update on Nathalie's injury and its decision to postpone till after the Worlds.

I am glad there is a realistic chance they will show up at Worlds. But it scares me a lot just to think of her wearing a mask while practicing, so dangerous!

Such a warrior Nathalie is.
    I hope they will make in time for Worlds (fingers crossed!). If they do, they are gonna get a HUUUEGE support from the audience!

Please, skating god, make Nathalie and Fabian finally get onto the podium, please.
    I will sacrifice my Godiva chocolates if you want me, so PLEASE?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast