Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat & Bourzat news

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....
    Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I think that if there is a non-North American team on the podium, that team will be B &S.

But what I really I hope is that P &B will be able to skate & will win bronze!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.
    Great post - Oh I agree that if P/B don't go to Worlds that W/P have a great chance of getting bronze. I am putting C/L as the darkhorse for the bronze. The judging for the SD this year has been all over the place in terms of the GP series and frankly the PCS scores are a bit of a mystery with the SD and I just think that the judging panel at Worlds may surprise us with the SD placements. Should be a great competition! And lastly I wish Mademoiselle Pechelat a speedy recovery!

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like Nathalie won't be having surgery today after all, because it could have unwelcome implications for their training; so she will wait with that and will wear a mask in the meantime (FB update). No decision about Worlds yet.

A hemotoma that goes up over her eye, ouch.

I will make one prediction. If they go to Worlds and skate passably well, they will medal. Between being 1. good 2. the home team and 3. injured, they will get a lot of love from the judges if they can make it. I hope she'll feel up to it.

0 Not allowed!
    ^^^^ita

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Ouch if she competes with a broken nose, I feel pain even thinking about it, she is rteally brave, implications on the training means also the drugs she would use besides the surgery?

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    They should not get a gift medal if they don`t skate well lets not make a joke out of the sport.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
    IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
    they just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium.
    that is very unlikely
    I think Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
    IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
    hey just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

that is very unlikely
    I would bet on Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev
    I wish that were the case but international judges do put B/S above I/K currently. So sad.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    ^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev
    B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
    If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal

0 Not allowed!
    The problem with I&K is that they don't skate clean programs. And they showed a truly inadequate rhumba pattern section in their SD at events so far this year. They were 7th at Europeans in the SD. For reference, Coomes & Buckland of GBR were 4th. Bobrova & Soloviev were 1st.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev
    B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
    If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal
    It would be great if they did score higher.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the update on Nathalie's injury and its decision to postpone till after the Worlds.

I am glad there is a realistic chance they will show up at Worlds. But it scares me a lot just to think of her wearing a mask while practicing, so dangerous!

Such a warrior Nathalie is.
    I hope they will make in time for Worlds (fingers crossed!). If they do, they are gonna get a HUUUEGE support from the audience!

Please, skating god, make Nathalie and Fabian finally get onto the podium, please.
    I will sacrifice my Godiva chocolates if you want me, so PLEASE?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast