Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pechalat & Bourzat news

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    They should not get a gift medal if they don`t skate well lets not make a joke out of the sport.

There is a high possibility that Nathalie won't be able to skate at worlds, let alone skate for a medal, and you already jumped at the conclusion they will get an undeserving medal. Jeez, it's a lifetime opportunity to have the world championships in your home country, can anyone blame them for trying so hard to be there? Medal or not, the ice dance competition won't be the same without them at worlds.
    You could show your sympathy for this sad incident and save the complains for later if necessary(after the competition)

Custom Title
    This does not sound logical and I have no reason or suggesting some kind of scandal but if P and B can't skate and W and P get bronze then I think D and W will get gold. Illogical yes, and sure D and W from us got gold and Shibs bronze last year but I for some reason think Canada won't get it all (again just a gut feeling). I would love I and K to really improve and skate like no tomorrow. They are a team that need to get more serious about training and up those levels.

Custom Title
    I really understand P and B's desire to skate at their own world's and the bronze medal was so close to their's last year. Part of me says the reality is they should pull out; the risk of reinjuring her nose scares me. But I can understand they want that bronze - I do believe they should get it and be happy and then run with it. While it sounds mean; this team, and there is no logic to this, really should take their world medal and be content. The problem with life is there are "winners" and "losers" and while wording things positively yes, there is growth with P and B but you can sense the itailans, russians 1, 2 and maybe even 3, canada and us 2 all look to be closing in - they might be pushing their luck - Positively a bronze could be seen as a push to OGM but really I fear and not every "rise" to bronze can lead to greater glory I think we might see P and B fighting to hang in the top 5 and maybe even top 10 = its sad one can see this and P and B have not even reached "their" medal. You never know maybe they were never meant to win a world medal - they could prove many wrong and win an Olympic medal but I sense other teams are improving faster and look to pass them

Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    New Update!!

I'm going to try to translate it from French its not the best, as I'm only a sophomore in HS
    This after noon, I have decided to switch my mask from a thermo-form hold to a much lighter and thinner one. I will evaluate what is best for me for breathing and movement. My shiner disspates (???), it passes all the colours of the rainbow. The pain is always there and training is challenging, but I will be fine.

The original:
    Cet après midi, j'ai décidé de troquer mon masque thermo-formé contre un maintien beaucoup plus léger et plus fin. Ce qui me permettra d'évaluer ce qui me va le mieux au niveau de la respiration et des mouvements. Mon coquard se dissipe, il passe par toutes les couleurs de l'arc-en-ciel. La douleur est toujours présente et les entrainements sont très éprouvants, mais je vais bien.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Narumi1997 View Post
    New Update!!

I'm going to try to translate it from French its not the best, as I'm only a sophomore in HS
    This after noon, I have decided to switch my mask from a thermo-form hold to a much lighter and thinner one. I will evaluate what is best for me for breathing and movement. My shiner disspates (???), it passes all the colours of the rainbow. The pain is always there and training is challenging, but I will be fine.
    Merci for the update, Narumi1997! Not sure what your question marks above refer to exactly, but I think what Nathalie means is that her black eye (shiner) is healing. I believe that it is typical for the bruising to go through a series of color changes as healing progresses.

Custom Title
    Sounds promising. Really hope they get to participate and make themselves proud.

Custom Title
    Merci beucoup les informations de Nathalie, Narumi1997!

She is somebody indeed, isn't she?
    I sincerely hope they can get participated in the Worlds at home, and grab a world medal finally!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Merci for the update, Narumi1997! Not sure what your question marks above refer to exactly, but I think what Nathalie means is that her black eye (shiner) is healing. I believe that it is typical for the bruising to go through a series of color changes as healing progresses.
    I agree with this interpretation. Thanks, Narumi, for the translation! Years ago, my mom walked into a glass door. Her forehead was black and blue, and then it became a violet shade that would have been lovely in another context (and on another surface!). Then it went to a pale yellow-green. Just about every color of the rainbow, and in each shade the color was a bit faded from the stage before. It sounds a lot better in French, doesn't it.

By the way, I think one problem with this injury is that this or the surgery might have temporarily affected her equilibrium--always a risk with head or face injuries--and she might not yet have recovered enough to train, let alone to skate at the actual event. This is really rotten luck for the team.
    Last edited by Olympia; 03-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Custom Title
    Shiners (black eyes) are one of the normal side effects of a broken nose.

Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    de rien mes amis!! and thanks for explaining what shiners are and the rainbow part

Custom Title
    This sounds somewhat promising; any doctors out there. My fear is that her face will contact Fabian's body or something. With those lifts and everything not to mention breathing. But I am sure p and b aren't saying it; to skate at home and realistically their best chance at a medal after last year's messs they want it and they want it bad. And they willnever tell us this but they have to know there are the Italians, canadians, americans and three russians that look like they will pass them (or most of them) in the next two years. I bet you Natalie really wants her mommy when she skates as a mummy.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Within the last hr, P/B (or someone on their behalf) updated their FB page and Twitter feed with two photos pertaining to Nice. But no additional posting at the same time that sheds new light on her status for Worlds. Fingers crossed for them ...

Custom Title
    Well it is getting rather late in the game for them to be replaced. I would love to know what is going on in their minds. Yes, we know anyone wants to compete at world's but i wouldlove to know if they think this is their year being in France for a medal and do they see and or believe the teams behind them like W and P, the Shibs, I and C from Italy and 2 or 3 of the Russians passing them. They will never say it; but do they see what many see or fear? Tough to be an athlete. good for Natalie if she can skate but if it is dangerous orunlikely I think they should be crtiicized or rather they might be like Rachel flatt. But I do understand their desire for a medal.

Custom Title
    The French federation in their infinite wisdom have seen fit to post no substitutes for their men, pair and ice dancers. So if Nathalie and Fabian withdraw, Carron / Jones will go it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The French federation in their infinite wisdom have seen fit to post no substitutes for their men, pair and ice dancers. So if Nathalie and Fabian withdraw, Carron / Jones will go it alone.
    Maybe the French Fed are trying to be as voidy as their skaters with this strange decision to only have substitutes for the ladies?
    The thought of Caron/Jones going it alone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast