Pechalat & Bourzat news | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pechalat & Bourzat news

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This sounds somewhat promising; any doctors out there. My fear is that her face will contact Fabian's body or something. With those lifts and everything not to mention breathing. But I am sure p and b aren't saying it; to skate at home and realistically their best chance at a medal after last year's messs they want it and they want it bad. And they willnever tell us this but they have to know there are the Italians, canadians, americans and three russians that look like they will pass them (or most of them) in the next two years. I bet you Natalie really wants her mommy when she skates as a mummy.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Within the last hr, P/B (or someone on their behalf) updated their FB page and Twitter feed with two photos pertaining to Nice. But no additional posting at the same time that sheds new light on her status for Worlds. Fingers crossed for them ...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well it is getting rather late in the game for them to be replaced. I would love to know what is going on in their minds. Yes, we know anyone wants to compete at world's but i wouldlove to know if they think this is their year being in France for a medal and do they see and or believe the teams behind them like W and P, the Shibs, I and C from Italy and 2 or 3 of the Russians passing them. They will never say it; but do they see what many see or fear? Tough to be an athlete. good for Natalie if she can skate but if it is dangerous orunlikely I think they should be crtiicized or rather they might be like Rachel flatt. But I do understand their desire for a medal.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The French federation in their infinite wisdom :sarcasm: have seen fit to post no substitutes for their men, pair and ice dancers. So if Nathalie and Fabian withdraw, Carron / Jones will go it alone.

Mattieu

Medalist
The French federation in their infinite wisdom :sarcasm: have seen fit to post no substitutes for their men, pair and ice dancers. So if Nathalie and Fabian withdraw, Carron / Jones will go it alone.

Maybe the French Fed are trying to be as voidy as their skaters with this strange decision to only have substitutes for the ladies?
The thought of Caron/Jones going it alone :eek:

herios

Medalist
Well it is getting rather late in the game for them to be replaced. I would love to know what is going on in their minds. Yes, we know anyone wants to compete at world's but i wouldlove to know if they think this is their year being in France for a medal and do they see and or believe the teams behind them like W and P, the Shibs, I and C from Italy and 2 or 3 of the Russians passing them. They will never say it; but do they see what many see or fear? Tough to be an athlete. good for Natalie if she can skate but if it is dangerous orunlikely I think they should be crtiicized or rather they might be like Rachel flatt. But I do understand their desire for a medal.

Should be criticized ?? By whom? You must be kidding. The French federation has nobody anywhwere close to their abilities in ice dance at the moment.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If P/B withdraw, then the only French ice dance team will be Carron/Jones. Last season, C/J placed 12th; two teams above them (Chock / Zuerlein and Crone / Poirier) have since split, and their respective replacements (Hubbell / Donohue and Ralph / Hill) are unlikely to finish as high as their predecessors. Zhiganshina / Gazsi placed 11th at 2011 Worlds, ahead of C/J, but C/J did beat Z/G at 2012 Euros. However, Coomes / Buckland finished way behind C/J at 2011 Worlds but beat C/J at 2012 Euros, and the 3rd Russian team Riazanova / Tkachenko, beat C/J at 2012 Euros as well.

So it's not a sure thing at all that C/J could finish top 10 at 2012 Worlds and hold onto the two spots for 2013.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Nothing is a sure thing, but it's pretty clear C/J will finish 10th at a home-turf Worlds if P/B withdraw.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am just so glad that they will be able to compete here! Between Fabian's bronchitis at the beginning of the season, and now Nathalie's injury, they have had such a difficult year, and they have been so brave.