Kiira Korpi withdraws from Worlds | Golden Skate

Kiira Korpi withdraws from Worlds

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That is to bad. I will miss Kiira at Worlds. Who will replace her?

pohatta

On the Ice
Such a shame. This year was her best chance to finish Top 5 at Worlds. Next year it'll be so much harder.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you. I hope that Finland can keep 2 spots for next season.

Yes, really! Sigh… Pöikyö, Vähämaa, Lepistö and now Korpi :no: Hopefully Lepistö and Korpi can come back injure free in time for olympics. And that the younger Finnish talents will be strong in the future.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
more bad news. this was what I was talking about :disapp:, If you get 1 bad news another bad news will follow
looks like after P/B , there was bound to be another. hope there are no more injuries

Last edited:
Oh, rats! That's really too bad. I really like Korpi, and I especially like that Finland has prominent skaters on the international scene. I'm happiest when there's national diversity at or near the top. It's good for audiences, and it benefits skating in general. I hope the substitute skater enjoys her trip to Worlds, though, and that she does extra-well. Can anyone here on GS tell us a little about Alisa Mikonsaari?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
That is sad to hear, I ll miss her at Worlds, I hope she she recovers fast for next season.

russell30

Final Flight
This should go to World's thread, that is a real shame Kiira's programs were gorgeous this year, and loved her 1920's look to gershwin's "I got rhythm" she looked like a movie star, her artistry is so lovely, I fear that Finland will only have one spot next year?

Ps I was glad she got her best finish at Euro's this year, a silver medal, I know it was lucky, but it is a combined score and her SP was so lovely and deserved her mark and her free artistically was GREAT!! Well Done Kiira:biggrin:

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
World's just lost one more beautiful face. Too bad for Korpi and the Finns they could be down to one lady in 2013 that means Korpi v. Laura a dual to the death - do I hear Canada calling lol???

pohatta

On the Ice
Looking at the top Finns of the past years, I wonder if there's something in their training methods that makes them injury prone. Others get injuries too, but I think Kiira, Laura, Susanna and Jenni all got more than their share of them.