Who's going? | Golden Skate

Who's going?

Trewyn

Medalist
I know the ridiculous ticket prices probably kept quite a few fans away. But who is going? Maybe some of you are from the area? Any tips on what to do or where to eat/stay in Nice? I'd love to meet up with fellow skating fans!

figureskate

On the Ice
I am going! I am quite near Nice since i live in the north of Italy. I am not following the entire event, i am going to be there on thursday to saturday. I know Nice a little bit and I am going to do a sort of skating fan guide on my blog soon. The problem about where to eat is not secondary in my view. You can spend A LOT in restaurants like 50 euros per person. Anyway there are a lot of pubs and stuff like that. I really really suggest to buy something in a boulangerie (bakery) for lunch or speady meal, there are a lot of yummy things like quiches or special breads. I even know one very near the ice palace :D

Maycey

Rinkside
I am going too :) I've never been to Nice or worlds before so I've been looking forward to this for a while.

tevate

Spectator
Someone I know is going. Could you give me any details (address/directions)) of good reasonable places to eat? Thank you:)

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
figureskate, the blog looks great, thanks! That lovely bakery for lunch sounds like a plan :)

I have a question and you might be the perfect person to ask: Is it realistic to try to go somewhere in Italy from Nice by public transport?! And I can only spend morning till 2pm ish to be to catch the final two groups of the day sessions. Crazy idea but I hear there're are beautiful villages like Cervo and I'd love to visit!

figureskate

On the Ice
figureskate, the blog looks great, thanks! That lovely bakery for lunch sounds like a plan :)

I have a question and you might be the perfect person to ask: Is it realistic to try to go somewhere in Italy from Nice by public transport?! And I can only spend morning till 2pm ish to be to catch the final two groups of the day sessions. Crazy idea but I hear there're are beautiful villages like Cervo and I'd love to visit!

It is so lovely that you would like to go to Cervo, it is quite an amazing village and the coast is so beautiful. It is not that crazy, I recommend to stay on the western part of Liguria, so you don't have to spend much time on a train (that is the fastest way of travelling in your case). It takes more or less an hour and a half going to Cervo, 45 minutes from Nice to Ventimiglia (or Ventimille in French) and 45 from there to Cervo (you have to change train on the frontier).

Here is the railway official site France http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and Italy http://www.trenitalia.com/

if you are going I have some eating advices to give you :D

jennyszy

Rinkside
Hi to all!

I m heading off to Nice on thursday! Could someone tell me what clothes to take with me... how warm or cold is it in the arena ????
It won t be possible to be as cold as Bern... but difficult to know what to take with me, as the south of France is usually quite warm....

Thanks and see you there!!!!

I'm jealous of everyone who's going. Not only Nice, but skating as well? Ooh, I'm green with envy. Have a great time, everyone, and tell us all about it.

Maycey

Rinkside
The rink is quite warm. No need for warm clothes, just a regular sweater or jacket should keep you warm enough.

Maycey

Rinkside
Does anyone know if the practice rink is open to the audience? I tried asking at the arena, but not speaking french makes it hard to get any sensible information......

jennyszy

Rinkside
The rink is quite warm. No need for warm clothes, just a regular sweater or jacket should keep you warm enough.

THanks!!
what great news!!

As to the practices, i got an email saying it was 20 euros for all practices... don t know if that s also in the practice rink or not!!!

Have a great time wheather in nice or in front of TV

Trewyn

Medalist
THanks!!
what great news!!

As to the practices, i got an email saying it was 20 euros for all practices... don t know if that s also in the practice rink or not!!!

Have a great time wheather in nice or in front of TV

20 euros! That's interesting. Would definitely be worth it! I'll be arriving tonight, but if you find out more, please let us know!

Second call for anyone who wants to meet up! I'm travelling alone, so I'd love to grab something to eat with some fellow skating fans in between events etc :)