Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold lives up to the hype

News Gold lives up to the hype

USA's Gracie Gold's competition scores have hovered right around the high 160s and mid 170s all season long, and the consistent and confident skater isn't afraid to compete.

More

Custom Title
    Thanks for the interesting article; what a lovely photo, too (I only wish she would uncover those boots!). It will be really interesting to find out what comps Gold will be at next year and her programs. I'm really looking forward to it!

Custom Title
    Me too! As great as her year was, her scores will be even higher when she improves her speed and goes totally clean with her jumps. Lots to look forward to!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Lovely article and a beautiful picture of Gracie.

I'm a bit sad to hear that she is sticking with the same choreographer she had this year.

Rinkside
    Well regardless it is going to be an exciting season for her. I hope she gets to skate at Skate America.

Thanks for joining , Ina Bauer. Post often, post long!

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    (I only wish she would uncover those boots!).
    ikr. (A word I learned form the young folks on this board ) It looks like the skaters broke their ankles and the restorative surgery didn't go well.

Anyway, go Gracie!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ikr. (A word I learned form the young folks on this board ) It looks like the skaters broke their ankles and the restorative surgery didn't go well.

Anyway, go Gracie!
    Absolutely - Go Gracie (forgot that part earlier)!!! So, took me a few minutes...but, ikr = I know, right? (right? )

I'm looking forward to seeing Gold going senior

Custom Title
    Wow, this girl seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I like her attitude, she's highly competitive, level-headed and goal oriented and her team seems to be on the right track. I can't wait to see her compete at the (senior) Grand Prix next season.

thanks for the article. i'm so excited to see her improve over the next couple years. i hope her choreographer steps it up a notch this year. i'm sooo looking forward to her new programs, i really can't wait!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm a bit sad to hear that she is sticking with the same choreographer she had this year.
    Well, a choreographer is only as good as the tools he has to work with. She isn't that skilled of a skater at this point. Having said that, the SP music in particular was the worst I've heard in years.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    Thanks for the interesting article; what a lovely photo, too (I only wish she would uncover those boots!). It will be really interesting to find out what comps Gold will be at next year and her programs. I'm really looking forward to it!
    Maybe she's trying to hide them. I'm pretty sure she wears http://www.skatesus.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=149 (Sorry if I'm not supposed to link to them.)

Not a traditional look, but obviously very effective boots for her. I, too, can't wait to see what next year brings for her. I'm not really terribly concerned about the choreographer situation. Seems like her focus this year was on tech. A job well done, I must say. Now it sounds as though she's ready to branch out to other aspects of her performance. Will be interesting to watch.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I just hated the SP music he picked for her, and fear he will pick something like that again next year.

Custom Title
    ^ Oh, I wasn't even thinking of the music selection. AAAHhhhhhKKKK - that SP music was absolutely hideous! But Brown has been know to put together some good programs for skaters. According to IceNetwork, he choreographs for that spunky little Mariah Bell. So there's potential, I hope . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast