View Poll Results: Which country will get that pesky 2nd (or 3rd) spot?!

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada: Amelie Lacoste

12 11.01%
  • China: Kexin Zhang

28 25.69%
  • Estonia: Elena Glebova

4 3.67%
  • Finland: Juulia Turkkila

2 1.83%
  • France: Yretha Silete

4 3.67%
  • Korea: Minjeong Kwak

4 3.67%
  • Sweden: Viktoria Helgesson

31 28.44%
  • <KEEP 3> Russia: Polina Korebeynikova, Alena Leonova, Ksenia Makarova

53 48.62%
  • <GET 3> USA: Alissa Czisny, Ashely Makarova

48 44.04%
  • <GET 3> Italy: Carolina Kostner, Valentina Marchei

35 32.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ladies 2nd Spot

Alissa 3rd , Ashley 6th.

Carolina 1st, Valentina 11th

Victoria H. 8th.

Kexin Z. 10th
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Custom Title
    Glebova said she would compete till Sochi, her new training camp is working for her.

Korpi wants to skate until Sochi too, I should imagine Kostner too.

We will have to wait later on in the year if Ando and Lepisto return?

not sure on YuNa - she's won OG so not sure if desire would be there - also with Rochette Not sure - but I know she has been keeping up her technical content so we just don't know?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    It would be ironic if with all the talent coming up in Russia this group didn't manage to get the three spots. The team is actually not that strong. Polina K is inexperienced, Makarova has no future unless in Canada according to this board, and Leonova is a journeywoman. I'm not sure they're going to come up with 13 points unless Polina makes a stunning debut.
    you are underestimating Polina.
    she was undersetimated at Euros and she finished 4th in her first senior debut

Fun fact about Polina.

Her Otonal lp dress that she has worn for two years used to belong to her coach.

http://closeyoureyes.koiwazurai.com/...nhkladies.html

You can see Volchkova near the bottom of the screen.

Custom Title
    I think Italy gets the third spot and USA too. Not so sure for Sweden, Viktorias last competition at Challenge Cup with 142.4 was far worst than Czisny

Custom Title
    ihave if figured for japan, and russia to keep three,
    usa to get three
    and or 3 of the following china to get 2, france to get 2 , sweden to get two and italy to get three.
    maybe elene gets two--i not sure.

Custom Title
    How embarrassing would it be for the US not to get that 3rd spot but Italy does?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    How embarrassing would it be for the US not to get that 3rd spot but Italy does?
    I thinks it's not a shame but a reality quite possibly.

I guess it would depend on whether you are American or italian.

Custom Title
    Why is it embarrassing? Korea didn't even have anyone else but Yuna who was capable of a top 10 finish. Italy team is way stronger than Korea team. If it wasn't embarrassing then, it shouldn't be now.

Banned
    you never know, a few meltdowns here and there
    Italy could get a 1 and 8 finish from the girls

Although I think it is absolutely possible for Italy to get 3 spots next year, Marchei hasn't shown good results at worlds before. Her highest finish before was 11th. However, considering that a few skaters are absent this year, she could very well get 11th or higher this year. And if Kostner wins, 12th would be enough.

Custom Title
    I think USA, Italy, Japan will get 3 spots, Russia - not sure...If Polina gets higher PCS and gives a good programme, Russia will keep the three spots.

Custom Title
    The reason i call it embarrassing is that Italy has had only one real quality skater for the last decade and has no depth at all compared to the US. It would just illustrate the problems that the US has had recently.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I think Polina may rock the house
    I hope so, but I always have to remind myself that she's not even 16 yet. She looks a lot older and skates with a lot more maturity than most 15 year olds, but she's still 15, and making her Worlds debut, so I think nerves will play a factor. At least she does not have to go for 3lz in the SP (and I don't think she plans to, she went for 3f-3t and 3lo at Euros), because that jump is new for her this season and still isn't quite that solid or consistent for her yet. She always seems to skate at least pretty well in the FS, and usually very well, but the key is not to get buried after the SP. Even if she did 3f-2t but was otherwise clean, she'd likely be fine, make the penultimate warmup and then pull up a few slots with a good long, but if she struggles in the SP like she did all this season and has to skate in the first or second warmup for the FS, I'm afraid she'll get a bit hosed for PCS and maybe won't have as much confidence to deliver in the FS and her overall placement might not be so great. I tend to think she'll place ahead of Makarova though,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast