Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars

Custom Title
    Yeah, I thought Melissa and Maks were way undermarked. What's with that?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    That's just wrong, Martina Navratilova getting the boot. Why couldn't people vote off that boring guy in the hat?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Just glad to see Melissa didn't get voted off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    That's just wrong, Martina Navratilova getting the boot. Why couldn't people vote off that boring guy in the hat?
    Maybe because Martina looked kinda awkward and didn't seem to enjoy it as much as Gavin DeGraw. JMHO.

The 2nd week was kind of a let down for me. Most stayed 'level' or went down in points, which I agreed with the judges. Jaleel White definitely wasn't as good as he prior week. Definitely some poor posture was evident in many of the others as well. Oh, well, they are there to learn!

All my preferences changed this week. The kid who I originally thought was the best dancer did a vulgar Michael Jackson number. Jaleel White looked suave, but turned me off with his crocodile tears in the kiss & cry. The English girl looked awkward waltzing. Poor Melissa Gilbert! I can't believe they made her wear a bathing suit with fringe at her age. And I can't see what any of these routines have to do with their ostensible dances. The judges disagreed with me about all of these - just like in skating!

I voted twice for Donald and once for Gladys. They seem like class acts.

Jaleel White looked suave, but turned me off with his crocodile tears in the kiss & cry.
    That was a turn off for me too and in a big major way.

At least Gavin DeGraw tears were held back to some degree...loved the tears in his dad's eyes.

I voted twice for Donald and once for Gladys. They seem like class acts.
    Spun, I agree with you .... they both do seem very classy. Gladys just seems to be enjoying herself so much.

^ I loved the bits about Gavin's dad! Gavin made it sound as if he was long dead, so I was happy to see him alive and well in the audience.

As one who learned to ballroom-dance (a teeny tiny bit) in middle age, I am just floored by Gladys's smile! I'm sure I frowned most of the time because I was concentrating on my feet.

Happy that Gladys & Gavin didn't get the boot.

Happy that Melissa didn't get the boot.

So what's going on with Jaleel???? Did he cause a big problem or not???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Happy that Gladys & Gavin didn't get the boot.

Happy that Melissa didn't get the boot.

So what's going on with Jaleel???? Did he cause a big problem or not???
    I read about that. It sounded awful, if true.

Everyone seems to be downplaying the Jaleel-Kym incident as related to stress - the mother of Jaleel's son came out with allegations, stress of learning to dance and stress of dealing with more media's than he's every had to before.

It's not the 1st fighting that's occurred and it might not even be the worst (assuming that nothing else happens during Jaleel's time on the show.)

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/-dancin...p-5-feuds.html

There are reports that Melissa G. hit her head last night and had to be taken to the hospital. I don't remember of seeing a fall but I wonder if that's when Maks fell over??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    There are reports that Melissa G. hit her head last night and had to be taken to the hospital. I don't remember of seeing a fall but I wonder if that's when Maks fell over??
    That's a possibility. I hope she's okay. To get whiplash after back surgery can't be helpful.

I have decided that my favorite contestant of all is Roshon. Golly, that kid throws himself into it, and he's got such grace and quickness. I'd love to see him win.

Olympia, I like Roshon too. I hope he gets far into the competition. I also wish that Gladys could win but for some reason it doesn't seem like she has the following. I would love to see her win.

Custom Title
    I do love Gladys also. This woman is genuine pop music royalty, and she moves gracefully in her dances here. She also has a delightful wit and sense of humor. If she makes it to the final, that would be swell.

By the way, I think Brooke Burke (Charvet) has improved in her announcing skills. Her voice seems less nasal and monotonous, and she's actually saying some more spontaneous things. Maybe she's had some training, or maybe she's just relaxing and figuring out how to do this.

I got home late last night but saw the end of the show and what a shocker....Sherri Shepherd was sent home. I was totally not expecting that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast