Iliushechkina and Maisuradze Split | Golden Skate

Iliushechkina and Maisuradze Split

DianaSelene

Medalist
Unfortunately, their coach, Pavlova, said today that her students have split. :cry:

Since I am too lazy to translate everything myself, here is google translate from Russian.

"The coach Natalia Pavlova said that the World Junior champions in figure skating Iliushechkina and Maisuradze will no longer be performing together.

"A couple Iliushechkina - Maisuradze split on the initiative of the partner. She came in and said that he wanted to start a new life, without notice of resignation in advance to Nodari, who honestly worked with her all these years. I think this is a sign of weakness and lack of respect for your partner.

She apologized for all her actions, that she could not skate in the proper level. But, in my opinion, it looks rather like an excuse. I think there are people who manipulate it. We are looking for a partner Nodar."

I changed a few weirdly translated phrases.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Aww. Lubov sounds like a bit of a diva. Not that I'm surprised but, poor Nodari.

I don't know. I think she sounds like a teenager who realized she didn't want to figure skate anymore and, commendably, had the strength and will to do something about it.

She should, however, have given her partner some notice if it was at all possible.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not surprised at all at this split. She was falling all over the place at their last competition and he was clearly steamed at her.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I'm not that surprised either given their stagnation for the past while, but still....:cry:

Does anyone know if there are any unattached pairs girls in Russia at Maisuradze's level right now?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Aww. Lubov sounds like a bit of a diva. Not that I'm surprised but, poor Nodari.
No, I think her coach sounds like a diva. She badmouthed about Lyuba quite a bit, putting all responsibilities for failed elements on a teen girl and she didn't demonstrate any support to her. Neither did Nodari. It's not the way how a teacher should treat her pupil, or how a partner should treat the partner. The event took place rather fast and unexpected. I believe there was some incident that finally caused Lyuba to lose her patience, so she quit of being tired of all these non-stop humiliations.
www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120321/587115547.html

seniorita

Record Breaker
^I agree about her coach because in the past interviews she was only focusing on Lubov problems instead of the pair's problems, even if the problem was Lubov 's jumps still it was not right to isolate her as responsible for their failure or to mention her fixation on losing weight, in interviews. If she didnt guide or manage to make Lubov to trust her that jumps are not getting better with losing weight, then she was not the right coach for her. If she did it to alarm people for eating disorder problems it should not have been in that context. It always looked like Lubov had all the weight in her shoulders for the pair not to mesh up.
And to be honest for me only she had the charisma and 'it' factor in the pair.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
No, I think her coach sounds like a diva.
I agree with let`s talk. Lubov is young, she realized she probably has no future in skating and she wants to move on. This is actually a good time to tell her partner - they're done for the year, everyone else's season is winding up, now he can look for a new partner and start preparing for the coming season and beyond. Saying that you cannot skate at the level that's required for success is not a skater giving an excuse; it's a skater taking responsibility. Unless there is a mis-translation, Ms. Pavlova does not come off well here.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She may be a bit old but what about Trankov's ex partner?? I forgot her name already but she was skating with some French guy last year or so I believe.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sad about Lyubov, I hope she finds new happiness in he life outside skating

as for Nodari, good time to partner with Agafonova if she wants to switch to pairs
then there are other B rate girls who could go to pairs like Ovcharova, Sheveleva even Makarova

FlattFan

Match Penalty
She apologized for all her actions, that she could not skate in the proper level. But, in my opinion, it looks rather like an excuse. I think there are people who manipulate it.

Who manipulated it? It read to me like the coach saw her as a liability, dropped her, tried to salvage Nodari's future by putting some sad story about him being dumped and looking for a new partner.
Poor Lubov. Hope she can find a nice job at the mall, get a good healthcare package, and find a nice fellow to settle down with. :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
She may be a bit old but what about Trankov's ex partner?? I forgot her name already but she was skating with some French guy last year or so I believe.
She's not too old (26) but I would be very careful pairing up with someone who has that sort of history. AFAIK Jerome Blanchard was not at fault for that breakup.

Makarova is much too tall for pairs.
She's listed as 1.67. That's the same as Vanessa James, and I don't think Vanessa is too tall for pairs. Obviously it rules out shorter partners, though, and she might not want to skate pairs.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
sad about Lyubov, I hope she finds new happiness in he life outside skating

as for Nodari, good time to partner with Agafonova if she wants to switch to pairs
then there are other B rate girls who could go to pairs like Ovcharova, Sheveleva even Makarova

Nodari and Agafonova would be a good match size wise. Ovcharova and Sheveleva would need someone taller, and Ksenia someone much taller. Nodari is only 177 cm so any girl he teams up with would likely have to be around 155 cm or less. Agafonova even after her growth spurt is a good match, the others need someone in the vicinity of 185+ cm ideally.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
or....
Maisuradze ? sounds like georgian last name with the " ili and the dze "
maybe he could find a partner soon but skate for Georgia ???? he will get more international assignments
It will be a hard battle to come back as pairs in the Russian Team

Nodari is facing a deep field with Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Larionov, Davankova/Deputat, Stolbova/Klimov
and even his former co teammates Martiusheva/Rogonov are ahead of him now.

DianaSelene

Medalist
^
or....
Maisuradze ? sounds like georgian last name with the " ili and the dze "
maybe he could find a partner soon but skate for Georgia ???? he will get more international assignments
It will be a hard battle to come back as pairs in the Russian Team

Nodari is facing a deep field with Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Larionov, Davankova/Deputat, Stolbova/Klimov
and even his former co teammates Martiusheva/Rogonov are ahead of him now.

I understand what you are saying but if he can't find any decent pairs girls in Russia, what is the chance of finding a girl in Georgia? I don't think they even have a pair for Georgia at all. If he were a singles skater, that could be fine. However, he needs a good partner.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I liked Maria M., I know what was reported about her behavior but maybe she wasnt a good match with Maxim anyway, as a skater I really liked her.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I understand what you are saying but if he can't find any decent pairs girls in Russia, what is the chance of finding a girl in Georgia? I don't think they even have a pair for Georgia at all. If he were a singles skater, that could be fine. However, he needs a good partner.

As long as HE has Georgian citizenship (many Russian skaters switch to countries that were once part of the USSR) he wouldn't have to choose a Georgian girl---he could skate with a girl from any other country.

Last edited: