Thread: Wagner skating on a mission, for self and country

Hybrid View

News Wagner skating on a mission, for self and country

From the Washington Post

...American women have failed to earn that [third worlds] berth back over the past three seasons. Wagner hopes that will change in her first world championship appearance this week in Nice..

Well, she is skating well, no injuries, has two recent golds going in, sounds confident, not just talking talk. Good luck Ashley. That picture reminds me of a cat. Give her two whiskers. She is a cute girl, it just hit me. Maybe I look at my cat too much, LOL

Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    From the Washington Post

...American women have failed to earn that [third worlds] berth back over the past three seasons. Wagner hopes that will change in her first world championship appearance this week in Nice..
    She competed at worlds in 2008, placing 16th

Custom Title
    Good to see such a write up on Washington Post. Let's hope there will be a higher profile for and more interest in figure skating in the US. Success from the Ladies champion should help greatly.

The article does contradict itself on Ashey's appearances at Worlds.

On the Ice
    I would love to see Ashley do exceptionaly well at Worlds. It is great to see those who work hard and are willing to make big changes rewarded for their efforts.
    I was never a big fan of Ashley's till now when I saw how hard she is working. I hope she wins big.
    Last edited by Bentley; 03-21-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Custom Title
    If she can medal it would be really hard for Alissa to screw up bad enough to lose 3 spots. I think if Alissa could limit herself to 3 falls in the entire competition and Ashley finishes top 3 or 4 we'll get the spots back.

Go Ashley! Go Alissa!

Custom Title
    I feel confident for her to medal because she has figured out what it takes to win.

“If I can get into the mentality that I got into at nationals and Four Continents,” Wagner said, “worlds will not be that big of a mountain to climb.”

Too bad Jeremy has not mastered that yet.