Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yankowskas and Reagan team up

Custom Title

News Yankowskas and Reagan team up

The article is up on IceNetwork today.

They will train in Canton, Michigan with Johnny Johns and Marina Zoueva with David Kirby assisting from Dallas.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    They did it! Well, good for them. Look forward to seeing their vids this summer! Big congratulations to both of them!

They will be working in Canton mainly with Johnny John but also with Marina Zoueva who will do their choreo (yay!). There was an interesting line from Zoueva:

"I am absolutely happy. Pairs is my favorite event. I like the choreography: more speed, more athletic, more in the air. For me, it's special."

Hmmm. Maybe Canton aims to rebuild US pairs as well as dance.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 03-22-2012 at 10:14 AM.

I guess we all knew this was coming... I hope this will work out for them!

This is good news! Wishing them well in the future.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I guess we all knew this was coming... I hope this will work out for them!
    Well, a tryout is only a tryout and nothing else, but I'm not surprised they actually chose to pair up.

The article makes it sound like the instant he split with Cain, the tryout with Yankowskas was arranged, and thus the pairing. How "convenient".

Custom Title
    All I can say is, YAY!! I am SO happy Caitlin will be competing again. I found the quote about her at last year's Worlds interesting: "All the talk backstage [in Moscow] was about the beautiful, new American girl, with people saying she was '[program] component rich.' " That was my thought exactly about Y/C at Worlds. They made quite a splash, I think, and hopefully Caitlin and Josh will be able to build on the international reputation she was starting to develop. Maybe it will give them a little boost. I think Denney/Coughlin's previous international experience definitely helped them immediately get the judges' attention.

I'm excited that Zoueva is part of the coaching team. That seems really promising. Interesting, too, her comments about pairs. Maybe this will give her a fun & inspiring break from all the ice dance choreography. If she can bring even a little of the magic she made with Gordeeva & Grinkov, we'll be in for a treat.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Y&C finished high enough to be seeded on the GP. Does that give Y&R any chance at a GP spot next fall provided they do a senior b to get a qualifying score?

Custom Title
    According to the 2011-2012 GP regulations:

"Pairs or Dance couples, who were placed amongst the ranks as previously mentioned in criteria a) and b) in the year 2009/10 or 2010/11, have reached the minimum score as required, but have split, will be considered in the alternate list with the new partner, if proof is given in writing by their Member that they intend to continue their competitive career."

a=World Placement 7-12 or better (Yankowskas/Coughlin were 6th)
    b=Top 24 on ISU World Ranking list (Yankowskas/Coughlin were 7th on the 2010-2011 ISU World Standings

i'm so excited for this! yay! its so funny reading articles like this one with pairs, the way caitlin talks is like they're in a legit relationship now or about to get married hahaha.

YES!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    i'm so excited for this! yay! its so funny reading articles like this one with pairs, the way caitlin talks is like they're in a legit relationship now or about to get married hahaha.
    She is SO CUTE in the article. I really felt for her during Nationals when she was just the bridesmaid interviewee saying she was still looking for a partner. Best wishes to them both.

I cant wait to see them at nationals......! I will have good thoughts for them....
    (Note to self: When she skates by me during practice, dont forget to say "Welcome back!")

Custom Title
    Awwwww....I'm so thrilled for her (and him, but I really missed Caitlin this season)!!! Yippy! Wish this new team all the very best!

Great news!

That is very good news indeed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast