Radio interview with Alexander Lakernik, posted on FSU | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Radio interview with Alexander Lakernik, posted on FSU

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, he didn't bring up Gachinski's PCS questioned by many fans, not that such question would be posed to him in Russia. Intentionally or not, a high ranking and involved official should avoid any public indication of biases.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Well, he didn't bring up Gachinski's PCS questioned by many fans, not that such question would be posed to him in Russia. Intentionally or not, a high ranking and involved official should avoid any public indication of biases.

Especially such opinions and biases could be well used to shape the opinions and biases of the public and everyone involved. It's like using the crowd to give pressure to the judges for the outcomes.

And you know their intentions how?

It could be that either or both was acting with purely educational motives, perhaps somewhat naively, and it's the fans and other federations with agendas who are playing a political game at spinning their comments to look political, or more political than they were intended.

What I think is that Inman had a bee in his bonnet about how judges were ignoring the letter and spirit of the CoP in marking components, and this opportunity came up for him to preach about it. Lakernik, I think is just speaking casually and candidly off the cuff about this and that. I don't think either of them is trying to do anything sinister.

Yes, they should have avoided language that made it seem they were picking on particular skaters.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
He also brought him up unasked and commented on a number of other skaters
Oh my dear. Do you know how it sounds? You claim you know what he brought up unasked and commented in Russian when you don't speak Russian. And then, you say someone else is politicking. :laugh:
You can bother to actually click on the link to the radion station and listen. You do recognize how some Russian names sound. The female voice is a radio journalist who asks questions, the male voice is Lakernik. You will hear Chan, Makarova, Shelepen. Wagner, Volosozhar/Trankov and others said by a female voice first, then by a male. Hope that will finally help.
I do not see that he "needs to say" anything to the Moscow radio audience. As head of the technical committee he is in a position to do something about it, not just chat about
That is what I am afarid of. That all this stuff is just a PR work for the Russian audience in the spirit of Sochi and at the official ISU congress, meetings, etc. nothing will be done.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't think for a minute that Sochi was not very much in his mind during this interview. I expect to see big changes with respect to scoring leading up to Shochi, and the men's event will be much more competitive as a result.