Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japan's figure skating chief on Japanese Men's and Ladies' podium potential

Thanks for the videos and articles.

Custom Title
    Dai & Yuzuru arrived Nice, too.
    And it seems both had practice session with Takahiko already.

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news...0340003-n1.htm

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...002919640.html
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.

^ The Japanese men are looking good.

Banned
    goodluck to my favorite Baby YUZURU HANYU !!!!!

Custom Title
    Latest news clip focused on Dai and Patrick, broadcasted on Fuji TV last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIHkOMdT8U

Right after 4CC, Dai flew to Detroit to rework on choreo for Klook with Pasquale.

They mainly focused on more transtions, but with more speed overall. Even changed step sequences, they said in this vid.

Dai admits that the difference in points (30) between Patrick and himself at 4CC made him realize how far Patrick is head of him, and motivated him once again.
    His coach Utako Nagamitsu, who was always with him since the age of 14, says she does not remember to have seen Dai practice that hard. She and other coach (Takeshi Honda, probably?), fearing for a potential injury, had to check on him and ask whether he is okay.

Japanese newspapers also reported on Japanese skaters:

-Mao looking great. She landed a couple of 3A with UR, but she says she feels good on her axels for her first trial in Nice.
    -Dai's quads are not stable yet at his first apprearance during practice session.
    -Takahiko has a small trouble with his skating boots; recently he broke into a new pair of boots, but did not fit him, so had to go back to the old one. Now he feels much better with no pain.
    Last edited by deedee1; 03-27-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Latest news clip focused on Dai and Patrick, broadcasted on Fuji TV last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIHkOMdT8U

Right after 4CC, Dai flew to Detroit to rework on choreo for Klook with Pasquale.

They mainly focused on more transtions, but with more speed overall. Even changed step sequences, they said in this vid.

Dai admits that the difference in points (30) between Patrick and himself at 4CC made him realize how far Patrick is head of him, and motivated him once again.
    His coach Utako Magamitsu, who was always with him since the age of 14, says she does not remember to have seen Dai practice that hard. She and other coach (Takeshi, probably?), fearing for a potential injury, had to check on him and ask whether he is okay.

Japanese newspapers also reported on Japanese skaters:

-Mao looking great. She landed a couple of 3A with UR, but she says she feels good on her axels for her first trial in Nice.
    -Dai's quads are not stable yet at his first apprearance during practice session.
    -Takahiko has a small trouble with his skating boots; recently he broke into a new pair of boots, but did not fit him, so had to go back to the old one. Now he feels much better with no pain.
    Nice. Thank you for the translation!

Custom Title
    Thank you Deedee and other Japanese fans for bringing and cuing us in on the Japanese skaters news.

Custom Title
    Assuming the composition of next year's singles' team is as follows:

Ladies: Ando (if she decides to continue until Sochi), Asada and Suzuki (if she does not retire and continues to go on strong)
    Men: Takahashi, Kozuka, Hanyu

Japan would be the only nation in which all its single skaters are world medalists. That's quite a feast!!

After Hanyu's bronze, I really don't see Oda having a future on the Japanese Team :'(
    Last edited by Becki; 03-31-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Custom Title
    Wow, what a thought. And three of them would be former world champions: Ando, Asada, and Takahashi. That's pretty impressive.

Custom Title
    But this leads to the future of Oda - he has no world medals to boost, and he repeats the same mistake over and over again in major competitions. I think JFS is going to dump him in favour of the current men world team.

And I see Hanyu pushing Kozuka back into being Japan #3, which is kinda sad :'( Takahashi will still be #1...but not for long 'cause I heard Hanyu is working on a 4S, and he's a monster, so a 4F or 4L will probably be in his arsenal by Sochi....

very impressed by Japan's depth in women and men. All other countries are 'salivating'!

Custom Title
    I just realized another thing, Yuzuru and Daisuke has made history together TWICE.

First at last year's 4CC: First time two Japanese men were on the podium together at the 4CC
    Second: First time two Japanese men on the podium for Worlds 2012

Maybe next is the Olympics? First time two Japanese men are on the Olympic podium. That would be sweet!

Custom Title
    I think the U.S. should adopt Oda. He looks like an all-American guy, like Jeremy Lin. Even if he missed a count here or there, he'd still up our quality.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I think the U.S. should adopt Oda. He looks like an all-American guy, like Jeremy Lin. Even if he missed a count here or there, he'd still up our quality.
    At this point, there's no way Japan is going to throw away their future (Hanyu) - he's here to stay. Takahashi is their star (World Champion and Olympic medalist) - he's here to stay too.

It's a fight between Kozuka and Oda. But with a World Silver, I think JFS is more in favour of keeping Kozuka.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    You'd have to stack three Odas to make one Lin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast