Reference Section in the Lutz Corner | Golden Skate

Reference Section in the Lutz Corner

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
In the Lutz Corner, there is a new References section.

Sometimes we have a thread that has a lot of generally useful information in it. Two are the long Ice Dance PCS thread, (self explanatory) and the World Jr Synchro thread, which included a tutorial by Precision on how to read Sychro protocols. I've copied those threads into the references folder. However, there have been a number of really useful threads here at GS, but my head is too much of a sieve to remember them all.

So this thread is for two purposes:

1. Tell me what threads deserve a copy in the References
2. Request threads destined for the Reference section.

Thanks for your help!

In answer to the q re: other threads that should be copied here ... there have been so many I wouldn't know where to begin. Experts, please select some of your info-packed posts or threads and nominate yourselves! Blades, jcoates, MM, the encyclopedic gkelly, and others, I'm talking to you! There are others by you too, Doris. This would be a big service to the non-skating, non-experts here.

Suggestion: consider selecting out portions of threads... i.e. single posts... that are especially informative. Although often clarity emerges through the dialogues on this forum.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I think so too!

You don't have to find the thread-if you can more or less describe it, I can find it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's a lovely film of Usova & Zhulin.

Yes, it would be good if there were links to it and other youtube videos in reference.

Would you like to start a thread for them, please?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I just added threads on the seasons 2010/2011 SD and 2011/2012 SD technical content.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Thanks so much, Doris! This is a great way to gather information. So many good, educational posts and threads here on GS that I hardly know which to recommend for it. I think most gkelly's posts are great for reference! Also, I think that the compilations in numerous threads by Skate Figuring and several others are great for references.

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks so much, Doris! This is a great way to gather information. So many good, educational posts and threads here on GS that I hardly know which to recommend for it. I think most gkelly's posts are great for reference! Also, I think that the compilations in numerous threads by Skate Figuring and several others are great for references.
:thumbsup: