Thread: Universal Sports?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

Universal Sports?

Does anyone know if Universal Sports will be offering online streaming of Worlds? I know that I could probably get it on Rosiyah 2 through WebTV, but the WebTV player does not get along well with my anti-virus software. It thinks that WebTV 3.4.0 is a virus and won't let it run until I disable my anti-Virus software. AVG thinks that WebTV 3.4.0 is a virus, so I am looking for something else other than WebTV where I will not have to shutdown my antivirus software to watch.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    corporate battle for carrying this or that blah blah..... people lose interest when they're not committed.

I hope so, but .... I'll search for that Turkish TV feed before I "surprise" myself enough to find it on Universal.

Such a shame. Boooooooooooo

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    The Universal Sports schedule is up. I wasn't able to post a link so check out the figure skating page on Universal Sports. Worlds will be streamed live and will also be on TV.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    corporate battle for carrying this or that blah blah..... people lose interest when they're not committed.

I hope so, but .... I'll search for that Turkish TV feed before I "surprise" myself enough to find it on Universal.

Such a shame. Boooooooooooo
    Turkish Tv doesn't broadcast figure skating anymore. You might as well look for other options now.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the broadcast schedule for Universal.

March 28 1 p.m. ET: Pairs Short Program; Short Dance

March 29 8 a.m. ET: Ladies Short Program
    2:30 p.m. ET: Free Dance

March 30 8 a.m. ET: Men's Short Program
    3 p.m. ET: Pairs Free Skate

March 31 9 a.m. ET: Men's Free Skate
    2:30 p.m. ET: Ladies Free Skate
    NBC has a scheduled broadcast on April 8th for 3 hours.

Universal is now available on DirectTV and on DISH.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    The icenetwork is also live streaming Worlds online I think. If so, which is better - Universal Sports or Icenetwork?

0 Not allowed!
    I got Icenetwork for 4 continents - dead silent, no commentators. Then found out I could have gotten 4 continents on Universal Sports with the commentators that was televised. Wonder if Universal Sports (which is also live streaming) will have the televised version.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    skaterdelightgs, welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!

Sometimes IN has commentary, but not always; mostly for US Nationals.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Just saw today on the 24th that Universal sports is offering a free trial period during the exact dates of worlds!! So, for directv customers you dont have to pay the 12 bucks a month charge. I did that last year and had an awful time canceling it after worlds. It's such a racket with directv. Interesting that they are giving it free during worlds.